Description de l'offre
- Location:Austin, Texas, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestSecurity
- Job Id1238955
What You'll Do
In this role you will participate in the Design, development, Quality Assurance and Automation of applications to configure network security policies, intrusion prevention rules and develop framework to monitor blocked threats/attacks by security appliance. Opportunity to learn & develop using latest systems engineering technologies including Linux, Multi-core development, C/C++/Java/J2EE/Python with cutting-edge CI/CD environment
Who You'll Work With
Intelligent Cyber Security for the Real World by delivering the best Next Generation Firewall in the industry. Imagine having the opportunity to work in a team developing security technologies to prevent emerging Internet security threats. Cisco Security Technology Business Unit is
looking for Software Engineer-Security Engineering to design and develop next generation capability for Firewall and Intrusion prevention systems. In this role, you would be working and collaborating with some of the bright minds who are building industry leading traffic inspection and decision engine solutions.
Who You Are
The engineer will be responsible for:
* Developing features over the Fire Linux OS delivering industry recognized Cisco NextGen Firewall Features
* Keeping up with industry standards for Identity Access Management and emerging identity integration options in the industry
* Maintaining (Build and Packaging) the Fire Linux OS including patching 3rd party software components
* Updating software packages to their latest versions
* Demonstrate attention to detail, work well in a multi discipline-team environment, be highly motivated, and willing to learn new skills.
* Work with various cross-functional groups such as Product Management, other development teams, QA, System Test and Product Documentation
* Design, document and implement full stack features related to Cyber Security for our Next Generation Firewalls
* Work in a highly Agile based organization to deliver cutting edge features
Who You Are
* BS degree in Computer Science with 5+ Years (or) MS degree in Computer Science with 3+ years of relevant experience
* Proficiency over Firewall, Security, User Identity concepts are preferable but not a must
* Proficiency in understanding of advanced decision engine systems, like Network Firewalls.
* Strong Proficiency with the C/C++ programming languages
* Problem solving and research skills
* Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle
* Working experience in an Agile development methodology is a must
* Strong Proficiency in Development experience over Linux/UNIX platforms.
* Proficient with shell and scripting languages such as Python
* Experiences in working and debugging Customer Issues in customers production networks is desired
Additional knowledge and skills desired:
Solid understanding of networking architecture such as TCP/IP and awareness on LDAP
Knowledge of network security principles and security hardening
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.