What You'll Do
We are looking for innovative, driven, and motivated software engineers to join our CSR Public Cloud team. The CSR is a virtual router currently available in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud with plans to expand to other public clouds. It is also supported in private clouds (VMware, KVM, XenServer, Hyper-V). You should be creative and passionate about building solutions/technologies with the knowledge you already have. Additionally, you are willing to learn quickly and be passionate about working on a wide range of product areas. You work well independently and as part of a team. Excellent communication are meaningful for this role.
You have a strong background in software development including specification, implementation, and testing.
Currently, our public cloud work focused on solutions orchestration and programmability in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud. You will be helping to build solutions for the CSR in the cloud via scripting, services like CloudFormation, and more. Supporting the many CSR environments also means time spent doing Linux debugging, particularly in startup scripts and bootstrapping mechanisms. You will also have the opportunity to help craft the future of our product in the cloud as we continue to discuss ways to expand our solutions offerings for customers going forward. The sky (or in this case, the clouds) is the limit!
Who You'll Work With
Enterprise Routing has one of the most successful businesses within Cisco. The Integrated Services Router is an extremely successful platform that has over 85% market share. The ENCS family of server based appliances and the Cloud Services Routers continues that rich tradition in the Virtualized services market. If you want to get exposure to a wide variety of hardware platforms and Virtualization technologies, this is the right group for you.
Who You Are
Typically requires BS or MS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science combined with 3-8 years of related experience.
From a technical point of view you should have some familiarity with at least some of the following areas:
- Cloud computing
- Virtualization technologies
- Linux platform development
- DPDK driver development
- IP networking
- Google Cloud
- Infrastructure-as-Code (CloudFormation, Teraform, Ansible)
- Systemd startup scripts, Bash, Linux system administration
- Programmability – RESTful APIs, NETCONF, RESTCONF
- KVM knowledge
- C programming
- Python programming
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco