Software Engineer- Linux- Polairs Infra Team
Description de l'offre
- Location:Milpitas, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestInternet of Everything
- Job Id1235171
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
The enterprise networking group(ENG) in Cisco is building nextgen platforms and software/solutions for Enterprise switching/routing/wireless/IOT segments. Cisco is hiring outstanding candidates with strong knowledge in OS, Linux, IPC, HA/ISSU, Software Licensing models, Software Installation, Image/Patch upgrade, security, open source tools and technologies to build world class OS infrastructure for its product lines for robustness, scaling and serviceability.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain key Infrastructure features like Image Installation/Upgrade, HA/ISSU, Patching, Licensing & TCP/IP stack
• Interaction with marketing and customers to understand requirements and converts it to engineering deliverables
• Scoping of new requirements, effort estimation, design and architecture of features
• Collaborating with multi functional teams across geography
• Operating Systems, Linux Kernel, TCP/IP, HA/ISSU, Patching, Software Licensing models.
- 3 to 5 years' experience working on a high impact software development team
- MSEE/CS combined with 3+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 5+ years related experience
- Expert Programming skills with C or C++ and scripting languages
- Good knowledge of concurrency and synchronization issues/techniques in a multi-threaded and multiprocessor environment.
- Good knowledge of packet forwarding between the control plane and data plane.
- In depth understanding of layer-2 and layer-3 network protocols and technologies required; specifically, TCP/IP, routing and switching protocols; including debugging, analysis and extensions
- Experience in using the Linux networking tools like tcpdump; lsof, netstat, namespace etc.
- Linux system programming experience (e.g. sockets, files, shared memory, …)
- Linux kernel knowledge and good understanding of Linux networking source code is preferred
- Familiarity with building, debugging, and profiling code in a Unix/Linux environment
- Familiarity with one or more scripting languages (Shell script, python)
- Experience in developing code for network routers, switches or network management stations
- Broad system level knowledge including intuitive understanding of distributed system interactions and performance tradeoffs