- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Area of InterestAdministrative and Business Support
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology Interest*None
- Job Id1265384
What You'll Do
Cisco HR is inspiring today's talent for tomorrow's Cisco. We are developing HR strategies that accelerate capability in Cisco's business and our employees by transforming Cisco's talent, leadership, culture, and organization. You will be extremely proactive with a professional and approachable demeanor in all interactions; possess exceptional communication skills with all levels of staff, executives, customers, vendors; and sound judgment. In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Calendar Management: Manages VP's calendar by prioritizing schedules and meetings. May also be called upon to support calendar management for team events.
- Meeting Planning and organizations: Assists VP in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling location, meeting technology based on participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post-meeting action item list.
- Correspondence/Approvals: Supports VP by acting as a proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answers general questions as necessary and refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure proper disposition.
- Problem Solving: Takes initiative to resolve problems within specified policies and guidelines, and provides mentoring to administrative community members on problem-solving. Determines when executive action is required and supplies a recommendation where appropriate.
- Travel: Responsible for making travel arrangements for VP. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while managing Cisco expenses. Works diligently to go the extra mile, working with the airlines direct to accommodate Global Services benefits for upgrades whenever they are available.
- Travel Briefing Preparation: Create travel packs for international trips as well as large domestic events such as Cisco Live, etc. This work includes combining all event information in addition to coordinated logistics of travel and also customer/team asks.
- Collaboration: Work closely with other EAs and administrators across HR. May provide coverage for other EAs as needed.
- Confidentiality: Candidate will deal professionally with sensitive and confidential matters and materials.
Who You'll Work With
You will collaborate and partner with the admins across HR. You will also collaborate and engage with other service and support groups in HR and across Cisco.
Who You Are
You have experience providing support at the VP level. You take initiative, can handle a full desk with ease and thrive in a busy environment. You have a strong executive presence and communications. You are organized, able to keep track of multiple items and are one step ahead of the needs of the VP and the team. You are calm under pressure and are able to simplify needs and tasks. HR knowledge is highly desired for this role.
• 6+ years of experience. A minimum of 3 years of experience supporting someone at the VP level.
• Outstanding track record of performance.
• Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
• Expert level knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic understanding of Human Resources.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco