Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position is an Engineering Intern position within the Energy and Sustainability Services Division of Schneider Electric. This position will be responsible for performing entry-level energy, mechanical, electrical and/or controls engineering tasks associated with identifying and improving the energy efficiency and operations of building systems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
· Assist in performing energy-use baseline analysis of facilities and other infrastructure, including electric, gas and water utility rate simulations.
· Assist in generating baseline energy models and performing energy savings calculations using spreadsheet tools as well as hourly building model simulation software.
· Conduct site assessments of facilities to identify energy waste and to recommend energy conservation opportunities. Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
· Perform on-site investigation of mechanical, plumbing and electrical (MEP) systems to identify opportunities for energy savings, enhanced system operation and increased occupant comfort.
· Assist in the design of upgrades to HVAC and electrical systems. Systems may include HVAC unitary systems, air distribution, chilled water, heating water, steam, plumbing, natural gas and electrical power distribution.
· Design tasks may include writing descriptions of proposed energy conservation measures, performing calculations, selecting and scheduling mechanical and electrical equipment and performing system layouts.
· Coordinate the MEP scope of work with other project development team members including energy and controls engineers, project development managers, and sales professionals.
Building Automation and Controls Engineering
· Perform on-site assessments to identify opportunities for building automation systems and control.
· Assist in the design of building automation and controls design drawings and sequences of operations to improve the energy efficiency of building systems.
· Assist in the development of the automation and controls scope of work.
· Create graphical user interfaces for the building automation and control systems.
Ideal candidate profile
· Sophomore, Junior or Senior level status in relevant engineering degree program. SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Limited understanding of building systems.
· Basic verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, listen effectively, and solicit input from others.
· Basic ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Basic organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.