Description de l'offre
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric is seeking an ambitious individual to assume the role of a Mechanical Engineer in Columbia, SC.
What do you get to do in this position?
Applicant will be responsible for completing custom mechanical design of PZ4/QED6 Switchgear and/or QED2 Switchboards based on customer specifications and local, state, and federal codes governing the product. This includes the creation of (3D) parametric models needed for the development of bus, barriers, supports, sheet metal parts and assemblies. The successful applicant will also assist Application/Order Engineering with conceptual design layouts and bill of material creation.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering degree. Recent 2017-2018 graduates and soon to be 2018 graduates encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Pro-E 3-D computer modeling software preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Ability to design and model parts and assemblies given basic conceptual information
- Ability to interact with engineering and manufacturing personnel
- Must be able to effectively utilize time to maintain order schedules
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of low voltage switchboard / switchgear design, installation, and use
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal codes governing the installation and use of low voltage switchboards / switchgear
- Ability to interpret basic front elevation, one-line, and schematic drawings
- Familiarity with UL 1558/891 and ANSI C37 preferred
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.