Overview of duties
• Provides a warm and personal welcome for all guests who arrive at night
• Contributes to guest satisfaction by providing a high standard of service in line with norms and procedures
• Is responsible for the hotel once the daytime managers are off duty
• Helps the department meet its targets
• Helps increase hotel revenue through his/her sales efforts
• Adopts appropriate ibis Styles service-oriented behaviours and attitudes, focussing on the brand's values: Modernity, Simplicity, Well-being'
'• Provides a warm and personal welcome for guests, applying the All Season Hospitality (Savoir-Recevoir) policy
• Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into consideration
• Handles any guest complaints and/or remarks
• Conveys the image of the hotel'
Professional techniques / Production
'• Handles the arrival and departure processes for guests, ensuring they take as little time as possible
• Informs guests about any conditions or formalities during the stay, and hotel services; knows all about ibis Styles' special features and promotes the brand and hotel's offer according to the type of clientele: the all-inclusive offer, the family offer, the social area, breakfasts etc
• Handles phone calls and manages the reservation schedule according to brand guidelines: answers quickly and directly with a simple greeting, gives his/her first name during the reservation, uses the customer's name, highlights at least 3 of the brand's features, repeats the key information and ends the call with a friendly phrase. • Modifies the welcome he/she provides and takes initiatives: may leave the reception itself to talk directly with guests, can offer guests the option of checking out at a time other than on departure
• Follows up any customer requests (wake-up calls, taxi, breakfast room service etc)
• Writes a report on activities and incidents that occur during the night
• Ensures that guest documentation at reception and in the lobby is available and up-to-date'
Commercial / Sales
'• Promotes the hotel's range of services in order to increase sales, modifying sales pitch to suit the customer's needs
• Applies and actively supports the hotel's pricing policy
• Encourages customer loyalty by promoting the brand and/or Group loyalty programme
• Enhances synergy within the marketplace by applying the inter-hotel coordination policy • Encourages guests to post comments on the interactive Visitors' Book
• Commits to fulfilling the brand's quality promise '
Management and administration
'• Respects procedures governing invoicing and cash operations
• Is responsible for the reception's cash holdings
• Writes a nightly activity report for hotel management'
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
'• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy
• Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Ensures the safety of property and people (night patrols etc)
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the ''Environment Charter'' (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)'