Duties & Functions:
· Ensure the day to day operation is smooth in the restaurant
· Assist the leadership team of the restaurant in achieving high guest satisfaction
· Guide and lead the server in the restaurant
· Perform the duties of Manager on regular basis
· Maximize sales potential and encourage upselling in order to maximize rates.
· Ensure cash floats are secured at all times.
· To work within budgeted costs
· To minimize abuse of operating equipment
· To ensure that requisitions for supplies are completed, delivered and accounted for.
· To minimize the use of overtime
· To ensure that there is enough operating equipment at all times.
· To record all voids, and report any payment discrepancies to Restaurant Manager.
· To follow Company procedures when handling cash, credit cards and cheques.
· To see guests concerning all complaints and report all complaints to Manager.
· To liaise with colleagues over guests requirements and needs.
· To ensure handover at shift end and beginning.
· To liaise with Head Chef on a regular basis.
· To liaise with Reception on a regulars basis.
· To gain customer feedback at all times.
· To complete a full report of the day’s events in the Management Report Book.
· Create and maintain a personal and respectful rapport with regular guests.
· Maintain a high customer profile, and handle promptly and courteously all guest comments, questions, complaints, requests and enquiries, taking the necessary action steps and ensuring thorough follow-through.
· Familiarize yourself with guests needs and requirements in order to ensure an efficient and friendly service
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
· Minimum 2 (two) years’ management experience in Restaurants and Bars.
· One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
· Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
· Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
· Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
· Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
· Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide.
- Develop your talent through learning programs by Academy Accor.
- Opportunity to grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to contribute to local community and make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.