Ubisoft teams are driven by their desire to enrich players' lives through original, memorable entertainment experiences. These teams bring to life whole new worlds – veritable playing fields in which players can freely express their imagination, leading to moments of surprise, fun and adventure, as well as fostering learning and discovery.
At Ubisoft, you will have a chance to develop your skills and work alongside dedicated team members who are pioneers in their field, throughout the world.
You will be part of a warm and stimulating environment in which you can push back the boundaries of both the imagination and technology to create worlds that will inspire our players.
Would you like to take part in our adventure? Ubisoft is looking for a VFX Artist.
You will join Ubisoft Paris Mobile, the studio behind such successful games as Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Smurfs Epic Run or City of Love-Paris, as well as new, unannounced titles on Ubisoft IPs.
Within the studio, you will be part of a mobile AAA project, working under the direct responsibility of the Lead Art and interacting closely with the Producer and the Artistic Director.
In collaboration with the rest of the artistic and technical teams, you will create all of the graphic and video effects designed to serve the gameplay and enhance the game's quality of experience and immersion.
For this purpose, you will be tasked with the following:
· Devising and designing VFX optimized for mobile gaming, but with the goal of pushing visual quality to the max.
· Prototyping and implementing real-time special effects based on concept art and written descriptions.
· Continuously ensuring the artistic consistency of the FX by adhering to the orientation defined by the Artistic Direction.
· Working together with the artists, programmers and game designers.
· Modelling and texturing 3D objects.
· Highly versatile, your enthusiasm for VFX is completed by your proficiency in real-time 3D
· You have a good command of Photoshop and 3DS Max
· You are familiar with optimizing VFX and creating painted texture sheets
· You have good knowledge of shaders, Shader Forge and its node system
· Knowledge of animation would be appreciated
· Fully familiar with Unity and Shuriken
· Keen artistic sense and attention to detail
· Capacity to adapt, inquisitiveness and an open mind
· Ability to receive, request and give constructive criticism