What you'll do
The Graphic Production Artist position reports to the Manager, Graphic Production in Creative Services. This person is an expert in computer production methods and techniques for both print and web. The Creative Services ensure that end products meet defined technical and quality standards for artwork preparation. They understand printing and manufacturing requirements. They must become familiar with first-party requirements from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft, as well as retailers like Amazon, Bestbuy, Gamestop, Steam, Epic and Stadia. The person’s primary job is to create and ensure the delivery of correctly prepared, complete, final artwork to printers, manufacturers, and digital publishing outlets.
The Graphic Production Artist takes direction from their supervisor, the Art Directors of Creative Services, and may take direction from brand and project managers. In addition to producing artwork, as a technical expert, they will provide technical guidance to other artists and designers throughout the design process. They will stay abreast of state-of-the-art tools, software, and technology for art production and recommends new and modified art software as appropriate.
· Work with Creative Services staff to produce artwork for advertising, digital publishing, packaging and other projects
· Make design edits with direction from Art Director or Brand Manager
· Ensure the quality and accuracy of files that we release to print and published online
· Check artwork for completeness and assure adherence to established standards
· Maintain standard templates and guidelines
· Monitor art preparation guidelines
· Recommend technical and procedural updates and changes as needed
· Simplify artwork to be used across multiple assets to improve efficiency and reduce the file size
· Assist in the collection, archiving, and distribution of assets for preparation of production artwork as necessary
· Ensure all assets are archived to Ubisoft’s DAM
What you bring
· Minimum 4 years of computer production art
· Expert level in - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, PowerPoint, Word
· Understanding of the creative process and production techniques
· Strong attention to detail
· Apple and Windows proficiency
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Energetic and positive attitude
· Ability to handle multiple projects and adapt to changing priorities
· Understanding of design fundamentals, layout, typography, and composition
· HTML 5 and web experience is a plus
What to send our way
Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.