Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Ensure manufacturability (methods, machinery, human capabilities, lay-out) of product, based on cost and quality standards.
· Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
· Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
· Design and develop layouts and methods to ensure the manufacturability of the product.
· Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
· Manage processes to improve cost and quality standards, utilizing Kaizen and Six Sigma methodology.
· Analyze, suggest, and implement activities to eliminate waste and redundant operations, and improve material and product flow, using lean manufacturing experience with process flows and time standards.
· Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
· Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
· Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
· Translate customer feedback to improve process and methods.
· Research the best available techniques to incorporate into the process, and calculate and improve manpower requirements and efficiency, methods, equipment, and tools to optimize the manufacturability of products utilizing lean manufacturing concepts.
· Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
· Plan for equipment layouts in plant office and production facilities, and establish standards to improve industrial engineering techniques.