Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Smart Grid IT North America (SGIT NA) has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to assume the role of Technical Proposal Writer. This individual will become part of the Sales team within the SGIT NA division to prepare technical proposals and commercial offers. They will respond to formal RFPs, RFQs, Change Orders, and RFIs, and prepare detailed scopes of work for implementation by the SGIT NA Delivery team.
· Prepare technical proposals and commercial offers to meet requirements for Requests for Proposals (RFP, RFI, RFQ), Scopes of Work (SOW), and Change Orders (COs) including, but not limited to, writing proposal volumes in response to statement of work, instructions, terms and conditions, pricing information and competitive specifications.
· Provide technical and commercial support to the Offer Manager, Account Managers, Business Partners through all phases of proposal and scope development.
· Assist in risk assessment before submitting the offers.
· Support the commercial and technical impact evaluation during negotiations.
· Maintain the Proposal templates and response library
· bFO (Salesforce.com) project tracking tool for monthly reporting.
· A BS degree in Technical Writing or Business with a technical focus of IT systems (or related field with computer emphasis). An electric utility operational system is preferred in the areas of electrical utilities applications and IT System Architectures
· Team focus, whatever it takes to meet the deadlines and able to work under short deadlines and/or numerous deadlines
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments effectively – proactive work style and can carry out multiple tasks simultaneously under tight/changing deadlines.
· Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal, written, oral communication, client relations skills including:
· Demonstrated prior scope and technical proposal writing experience
· Technical writing skills including responses to technical questions, requirements, and specifications
· Public speaking/meeting leadership
· Strong office/computing/organizational skills including:
· MS Word advanced skills including styles/reviewing/macros/dynamic elements
· MS Excel advanced skills including complex formulas/macros
· MS Project advanced skills including resource scheduling/leveling, task linking, critical path, pivot exports
· Document management/content management/organizational systems
· Knowledge of software implementation project methodologies is a plus
· bFO (Salesforce.com) project tracking tool knowledge a plus
· Travel is limited, but can occasionally occur.
· Work independently and as a team member