· Job facts
Title- User Experience Researcher - Business Analysis and User Experience
Location- Mississauga or Welwyn
Department- Pharma Development Informatics
Who we are
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other's differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
Our Product Development Informatics (PDIX) is co-creating a better future for patients through innovative technology and information. We are seeking mission-driven, ardent, self-starting, creative individuals to join us in this effort. We are an agile organization that brings together great people who are passionate about technology innovation, and who thrive in dynamic, cross-functional, and mission-driven teams.
As a User Experience Researcher (UXR) you will focus on people to gain a deep understanding of their needs, pain points, context and environments to validate existing processes and/or inform future processes based on new insights. The UXR will need to partner and maintain a close collaboration with Business Analysts, UX Designers, other UX Researchers, Product Owners, Product Managers and IT Business Partners throughout the product life cycle.
What you'll do
· Conduct research to understand people, process, data and technology across various domains ranging from clinical science, biometrics, regulatory, safety and quality areas.
· Plan, lead, facilitate, analyze and report on various user experience research initiatives; help influence and/or vaildate business cases.
· Capture users' needs, motivations, behaviors, etc with a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods with field and remote research, ethnographic studies, contextual inquiry and survey design.
· Translate research findings into meaningful personas, journey maps and usage scenarios to inform requirements and business process.
· Provide actionable insights for concept iteration with a variety of formative and summative usability evaluations such as usability testing, heuristic evaluations, system usability scale (SUS), etc.
· Establish metrics, incorporate behavioral analytics and periodically track and monitor them throughout the product lifecycle for various initiatives.
· Create research guidelines, templates and document best practices; stay abreast of industry trends and methodologies.
· Advocate a human-centered design approach for internal, external and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products.
· Actively participate and contribute to research and design reviews.
· Mentor Business Analysts or junior researchers who are actively working on developing UX research skills.
Who we are
Roche Pharma Canada has its office in Mississauga, Ontario and employs over 850 employees. The Mississauga facility is bright, vibrant, fosters collaboration and teamwork, and is reflective of Roche's truly innovative culture.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ideal candidate profile
Who you are
· Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, or other related fields.
· 5+ years of experience driving user experience research preferably in healthcare areas - biotechnology, pharmaceuticals or medical devices.
· Adept in behavioral data collection and analysis.
· Experience with HCD in agile environments.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills.
· Proficient in communicating research outcomes across diverse audiences and various levels of the organization.
· Bonus points if you're able to participate and contribute to design activities ranging from and not limited to heuristic evaluations, wireframing, prototyping, journey mapping, user flows and storyboarding; experience with Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, Keynote, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq or similar tools.
· A portfolio showcasing your work is required for consideration.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume no later than July 23, 2020.
This position is not eligible for relocation support.
This position is open to applicants legally authorized to work in Canada.
NOTE:All employment is conditional upon the completing and obtaining a satisfactory background check, including educational, employment, references and criminal records (for which a pardon has not been granted) checks.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Roche Canada does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Roche Canada will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Roche Canada explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Information Technology, Information Technology > Web Technology