· Job facts
Major Job Functions and Contributions
· Participate in technical projects per the RMD Life Cycle Management and product development processes.
· Develop automated processes for running molecular-based diagnostic assays on instrumentation that perform liquid handling, sample processing, and optical signal analysis.
· Interface with external design engineers (Roche internal and/or OEM vendors) to understand system functionality and coordinate the implementation of requirements and design specifications.
· Carry out tasks as necessary to run test campaigns to verify requirements and design specifications, and ensure conformance to intended use of products.
· Collect, analyze, and develop report packages to support system verification and validations, and compile content for regulatory submissions.
· Conduct reliability analysis, testability analysis, software reliability, fault tolerance, and system stress analysis on instrument systems that run diagnostic assays.
· Prepare detailed Failure Modes and Effects Analyses of systems with the ability to assess critical to quality elements.
· Participate on project team through the steps of design, development, and validation.
General Skills, Abilities, Attributes
· Exceptional people skills, strong communication, flexible personality, able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Strong skills in writing technical reports and verbally communicating technical content in oral presentations
· Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with minimal direction
· 5 - 15% domestic and international travel required.
· B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Physical, and/or Biological Sciences, or related field.
· 1 year related experience.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Technical Development, Technical Development > Medical Device Technology Development
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.