As a Sr. Project Controls Engineer (SPCE) you are an integral part of our organization. You have the opportunity to shape an existing team, grow our skills and provide leadership, direction and extensive knowledge in all project controlling activities. You will have the primary responsibility to ensure implementation and management of all project controlling activities from project set-up, through design, construction and commissioning to project close-out across projects in the project portfolio. This role demands strong entrepreneurship, involves customer service mindset, good communication and influencing skills and the ability to collaborate with diverse, cross-functional teams.
· Responsibilities include:
· Ensures thorough management of cost and schedule, effective change control and the consolidation of cost estimates in projects across all project phases.
· Establish and train the relevant project controlling processes in alignment with the Diagnostics Project Guide.
· Prepare the project portfolio master schedule and establish progress measurement. Responsible for the validity, accuracy, and completeness of all project portfolio controlling information.
· Present project portfolio status reports.
· Perform project cost and schedule reviews and project controlling audits.
· Lead in optimizing project controlling processes and tools.
· Take over people management responsibility as the team grows midterms.
Who you are:
To be successful in this role you will have at minimum a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Civil, Construction Management or related technical field.
Additionally, you will have:
· At least 3 years of experience in project management or construction management with emphasis on project controls preferred. 6+ years' experience preferred.
· Proven record of accomplishment in successfully completing complex capital projects exceeding $10MM
· Strong problem solving capability, leveraging structure process driven approach to problem solving
· Results oriented and able to effectively organize and develop plans; prioritize and execute actions
· Proficient technical, project management, analytical, statistical and organization skills
· Proficiency in Primavera (P6), MS Project or other major scheduling programs
· SAP experience
· Excellent oral/written communication, planning, organizing, interpersonal and leadership skills
· Flexibility with working hours and any necessary travel (up to 30%)
· Experience working in a regulated industry strongly preferred
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.