Design, modifies, develops, writes, implements and deploys LIMS software applications. Provides 24/7 supports for the lab production system.
· Creating and maintaining custom laboratory automation software to control robotics and peripheral devices, and
· Creating software to integrate automation devices with Company LIMS and other external applications, and
· Evaluate and implement new automation hardware in conjunction with Company needs for laboratory processes requiring scale-up, and
· Maintaining and enhancing custom laboratory information management systems (LIMS) software primarily written in Java and C# to track process data and workflow queues, and
· Maintaining and enhancing database SQL required to support LIMS functionality, and
· Supporting end-users in a 24/7 production environment as needed, and
· Such other matters as may be determined by yourself and the Company
· BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Life Sciences preferred and a minimum of 2 years directly related experience.
· Experience in writing Windows-based software applications involving a graphical user interface and complex sets of business requirements and rules
· Experience with relational database systems and knowledge of SQL
· Experience developing software for liquid handling robots preferred.
· Knowledge of software engineering concepts, principles, and languages applicable to the product line supporting.
· General knowledge of computer aided software engineering principle and systems
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner, and ability to work as part of a team
· Analytical skills to effectively review and analyze technical problems
· Comfortable with a fast paced development schedule
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Devices, Systems and Solutions
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.