· Job facts
In Pharma Research & Early Development (pRED) we are setting up a new Center of Excellence (CoE) for Human Translational Bioengineering to advance our ability to use more predictive human model systems to accelerate drug discovery. You will be part of a collaborative project between the Immunology and Infectious Diseases groups, sponsored by the CoE, with a common interest in establishing in vitro systems for respiratory research.
We are currently looking for a creative and reliable research associate to develop, validate, and apply in vitro systems to the study of mucosal immunology. Together with a larger team you will work with primary human cells and tissues to establish novel assays including 3D cell culture systems. Additionally, you will apply sophisticated imaging and molecular techniques to these systems.
This is a collaborative project for 2 years sponsored by the CoE for Human Translational Bioengineering.
These responsibilities capture a portion of what your work will look like:
· Develop, validate, and maintain advanced in vitro cell culture systems
(incl. Air-liquid-interface (ALI) cultures, organoids)
· Work with primary cells and tissues including patient-derived material
· Apply state-of-the-art experimental technologies (e.g. confocal & life cell imaging, flow cytometry, TEER, etc.)
· Continuously improve test systems, treatment, analysis, and data evaluation.
· Contribute to work process optimization including data capture, storage, and assay automation
· Clear and timely documentation and communication of results
· Work closely with all members of the group, share duties, maintain a clean work environment, and actively contribute to the positive work atmosphere within the group
· Build a cross-department network of colleagues working on Human Translational Bioengineering projects
Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Ideal candidate profile
Who You Are
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you receive the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Working in a multicultural environment motivates you. You have very good interpersonal and communication skills, are able to build good working relationships, and are an outstanding teammate. As a fast learner, you actively drive the projects assigned to you.
· MSc in Life Sciences (cellular/molecular biology, pharmacology, immunology or microbiology), or BSc in Life Sciences/completion of an apprenticeship for
a research associate (“Lehrabschluss”) with ≥2 years practical experience
· Extensive hands-on experience with cell culture, cultivation of primary human cells strongly preferred
· Experience with the development, validation, and application of complex in vitro systems of the respiratory tract (Air-liquid-interface (ALI) cultures, organoids, or ‘organ-on-a-chip' systems)
· Expertise in the area of complex analytical technologies including in vitro imaging technologies (confocal, life cell), data analysis, and result interpretation a plus
· Experience with lab automation and high throughput assays is a plus
· Able to interact effectively with people, strong commitment to teamwork
· You can communicate fluently in English
· Excellent data management and record-keeping skills
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the dedication to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organization for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients' lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark & improve lives, apply now.
Are you ready to apply? We want someone who thinks beyond the job offered - someone who knows that this position can be a rare springboard to many other opportunities at Roche.
Roche embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For non-EU / EFTA citizens: Please state your eligibility status to work in Switzerland (e.g. B-Permit, C-Permit) and note that if you do not own a valid Swiss work permit, Roche cannot guarantee your final employment due to authority regulations.
PhD's and Postdocs's cannot be considered for associate roles in Roche pRED.
If you have questions, please check our FAQs and videos on careers.roche.ch/faq.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Research