· Job facts
Work in partnership with the business to provide Legal and Compliance support, coaching and guidance that enables leaders and employees to fulfill their responsibilities. Shape the desired culture (see the Big Picture, simplify and collaborate/partner to seek solutions) and role model the Roche Values and Leadership Commitments.
Lead the legal and compliance agenda in the affiliate by providing insights and proposing solutions and proactively mitigate possible risks of non-compliance. Ensure compliance with the local legislation, Roche Code of Conduct and Roche corporate policies, guidelines and processes. Be a point of contact for all Centers for legal and compliance matters and liaise with external legal firms where needed to minimize the legal risk exposure. Drive the GDPR agenda in cooperation with the external DPO.
· Be a strategic business partner, coach and advisor to GM and Leadership Team
· Ensure alignment with Group and local initiatives as well as contribute to business vision and strategy
· Be accountable for the legal and compliance outcomes of the affiliate and ensure their execution
· Guide and support leaders and employees in the design of the relevant Center SoPs, Policies and Guidelines and their implementation
· Ensure compliance with global standards/ guidelines (e.g. Code of Conduct, Directives, SOPs) as well as local laws and regulations
· Ensure effective as well as efficient processes and tools are in place to manage compliance; drive initiatives for continuous improvement
· Provide transparency and oversight on all compliance sensitive areas and activities through adequate review mechanisms and periodic reporting to leadership team
· Role model and promote high standards of integrity
· Define and maintain local policies/SOPs according to the regulatory environment and global/regional directives and policies
· Perform risk-based monitoring, share results with Leadership Team and relevant stakeholders and coordinate adequate remediation and action plans to address recurring issues
· Build a thorough business understanding to provide adequate support to the business. Develop an internal network to stay informed about planned/executed activities
· Implement compliance action plans and actions in line with regional/global timelines
· Provide guidance to the business functions and answer their questions regarding compliance standards
· Closely monitor trends and changes of relevant global, regional and local requirements and standards
Compliance Awareness & Training
· Support the local organization in fostering a culture and mindset of compliance through trainings, regular communication, monitoring and pro-actively addressing compliance issues
· Create training materials and provide adequate and tailored compliance trainings to all functions and ensure training records are maintained.
· Develop, deliver and maintain communication to ensure local organizations' compliance awareness and knowledge.
· Ensure compliance of Roche Czech Republic‘s operations with all applicable local laws and regulations (including but not limited to competition, data privacy, anti-corruption and employment laws).
· Actively support GM and Leadership Team in legal matters and management of legal risks.
· Act as a business partner to all Centers and Squads to support their projects/activities from a legal perspective on compliance related topics.
· Ensure that contracts are effectively drafted, reviewed, and vetted with relevant laws and regulations.
· Provide guidance/tools (templates, training, contract filing etc.) to the various stakeholders to effectively manage legal matters.
· Closely monitor developments and trends in the legal environment and develop/maintain a strong liaison with local law firms.
· Detect and assess legal risks and develop adequate strategies/action plans to minimize the respective risk exposure.
· Drive the GDPR agenda in cooperation with the external DPO and support Centers in managing GDPR related matters and topics.
· Bachelor in Law and experience as a legal practitioner/lawyer is required. Master's degree in Law is highly preferred.
· Possess a full range of legal and compliance competencies and strong track record in managing compliance, legal activities and risk management.
· Relevant working experience in a reputable law firm and/or reputable international company in law and compliance position is preferred.
· Proven leadership skills, substantial experience working with diverse senior leaders in matrix and multi-cultural environments and in building effective relationships.
· Pharma business understanding including relevant key business process controls.
· Expertise in health care compliance management or auditing experience is a plus
· Superior partnering skills, strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
· Team player and strong ability to drive results through collaboration across various Centers.
· Ability to handle ambiguity and complex compliance, legal and business topics.
· Trusted partner, with high integrity standards and preparedness to speak-up when needed.
· Have high attention to details, well organized and have ability to plan and prioritize work to manage time effectively and accomplish assigned tasks. Ability to work under pressure.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and spoken) and completely business fluent in Czech and English.
· Proactive and “can-do” attitude, high level of energy, driven and clear thinker with pragmatic approach.
Please note the Saville competency assessment will be part of selection process.
The background check process will be requested before starting date in the company.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Quality, Quality > Quality Compliance & Audit
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.