· Job facts
The Instrumentation Technician is responsible for performing service activities relating to the calibration, maintenance and repair of laboratory calibration instruments/equipment.
· Provide calibration, troubleshooting, and repair of analytical instruments used in laboratories.
· Enter calibration data and service information into the calibration management system.
· Respond to trouble calls and perform diagnostics and repairs.
· Escort vendors in need of lab access to perform assigned calibration and maintenance work. Ensure vendor provides complete maintenance documentation upon work completion.
· Review and process external vendor calibration, PM and repair documentation per established procedures.
· Assist with identification and purchase of spare parts.
· Prepare and organize technical documentation and operational procedures.
· Write calibration and preventive maintenance Standard Operating Procedures.
· Collect and organize technical data from equipment manufacturers, equipment users, and engineering personnel.
· Mentor other instrument and laboratory technicians.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability:
· Must know the operating principles and be proficient with the operational techniques of laboratory analytical instruments.
· General knowledge of cGMP and GLP practices.
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
· Possess good oral and written communication skills.
· Must be able to pay close attention to details.
· Must be able to efficiently prioritize the workload. Work is scheduled throughout the SSF campus. Extensive walking will be required.
· General understanding of the International System of Units (SI).
· Ability to read and interpret engineering documents and equipment schematics.
· Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
Education and Experience:
· Completion of a B.S. degree in Science, or an Electronics Engineering 2-year curriculum at a technical school, or an AA I AS Degree in a related science, or engineering major including substantial relevant on-the-job training.
· 1-2 years of progressive experience in analytical or process control instrumentation or closely related job with a proven performance record is highly desirable.
· 1-2 years as a field service technician / engineer or as service contractor for an analytical instrument manufacturer is desirable.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Manufacturing, Manufacturing > General Manufacturing
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.