Data and System Integration Engineer
Genentech is seeking locally based applicants for system and data integration lead opportunities based in South San Francisco. This role is in the Pharma Technical Development organization, where we develop the processes, process knowledge, and product understanding to enable clinical trials of our investigational medicines. This role will help with digitization of our work, thus enabling faster delivery of new medicines to patients to treat unmet medical needs. The successful candidate will join a small, motivated team of software engineers and business analysts focused on enacting business focused digital solutions for Pharma Technical Development.
· Work with new and existing customers to - understand importance of their business goals/objectives and quickly comprehend the data integration requirements to develop effective solutions
· Provide Data Integrations expertise and ensure successful customer deployments using repeatable solutions and faster value for customers
· Build competence by developing methodology, best practices, blogs, demos, webinars, training and enablement
· Ability to design using wider technology solution and ecosystem
· Be proactive in learning new technologies to evaluate and recommend solutions and architecture including integration of AI/ML technology with other enterprise applications to solve the overall business problem
· Ability to know adjunct technologies that support our existing ecosystem
· Ability to manage the client and partners to advise on the best way to translate their business process into data and system integration specifications
· Ability to guide our stakeholders to success using best practices and ensuring we make the customer successful
· Managing multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to take a complex issue and break it down into simple, manageable steps or milestones
· Provide design and architecture oversight for data and system integration
· Participate evaluations and discussions as a subject matter expert
· Work with IT and data management teams to ensure solutions are well-designed and can be successfully delivered.
· Coordinate internal solution design review processes.
· Lead development of solutions built on top of existing eco-system
· Act as a technical liaison with third-party vendors to understand integration requirements and implement custom data acquisition solutions.
· Interact with end-users, researchers, technicians and other stakeholders to ensure design, integration, quality, and deployment expectations are met / exceeded.
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Bachelors in computer science, engineering, information technology, or other related field
· 3+ year of software development lifecycles and design patterns, REST APIs, or multiple programming language (such as Angular JS, Go, Java, Ruby, C/C++, Python or R)
· 3+ years working in technical design and development role
· Operating systems experience such as Linux, Red Hat, Ubuntu, MacOS
· Experience integrating Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning into workflows.
· Working knowledge of core Cloud Services such as Google Cloud and AWS
· Good understanding of networks, protocols, infrastructure, and carrier-grade network topologies
· Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer and partner relationships
· Demonstrated experience leading the design of high-availability architectures in enterprise-level environments
· Experience with OSISoft PI System
· Solid understanding of SQL and good grasp of relational and analytical database management theory and practice
· Good knowledge of JDBC, XML, JMS, Web technologies and Cloud environments
We invite candidates local to the San Francisco Bay Area to apply. This position does not offer relocation. Candidates who do not reside locally will not be considered for this position.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Devices, Systems and Solutions
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.