The Translational Technology team sits within Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Rare Diseases (NORD), Pharma Research and early Development (pRED). The mission of our team is the development of innovative biomarker strategies for NORD therapeutic areas particularly focusing on target engagement, mechanism of action, pharmacodynamic response, and identification of responsive patient populations. Our vision is to utilize the most advanced methods including imaging (MRI and PET), EEG, and digital biomarkers to support scientific decision making in early drug development.
We are looking for innovative, dedicated team players to join our team and advance this vision. Currently, we are looking for profiles that combine the implementation and analysis of clinical imaging (e.g. MRI), focusing on the central nervous system, along with broad analytical and computational skills including interpretation of imaging data and integration with other data sources. Expertise with neurologic disease, particularly neuroimmunology, multiple sclerosis, or other CNS indications is also a plus. Hands-on expertise with analyzing neuroimaging data (structural MRI, task-based & resting-state fMRI, perfusion MRI imaging) using SPM and MATLAB is required. Experience with other neuroimaging software packages (AFNI, FreeSurfer), and statistical analysis tools (R, Python) is desirable.
In this position you will:
· Bring a positive, creative and solution-seeking mindset to develop cutting-edge biomarker strategy in NORD-specific therapeutic areas.
· Contribute to the design and implementation of an innovative clinical imaging strategy to deliver an efficient Drug Discovery and Personalized Health Care in NORD therapeutic areas.
· Interface with clinical and project teams to advise about the use of specific imaging analytical technologies aimed at profiling novel compounds, selecting clinical trial populations, predicting outcomes and characterizing the effects of treatment on disease.
· Contribute to design and implementation of clinical trials that utilizes neuroimaging in a cost-effective manner, in particular by choosing and managing external imaging centers, writing and reviewing the study protocols and study-related documentation, contributing to the study set-up, data review, analysis & interpretation, writing reports and communicating results.
· Work in collaboration with other clinical and preclinical scientists, including Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Operations, Statistics, Diagnostics to contribute to the implementation of clinical trials, and improve trial methodologies.
· Maintain the infrastructure that allows appropriate data analysis and retrieval, including database management, data transfer from external centers and the implementation of regulatory and quality control requirements.
· Analyze, represent and interpret clinical and preclinical data, with the aim to detect effects of pharmacological compounds using cutting-edge analytical methodologies.
· Prepare study documentation including study protocols, study reports or regulatory files.
· Represent Roche NORD in precompetitive consortia and contribute to their success with scientific contribution and active presence.
· Foster relationships with external imaging centers/experts.
· Stay at the forefront of scientific and technical excellence by collaborating with the scientific community, contributing to publishing high-quality scientific articles, and participating in key conferences.
· Doctorate in neuroscience or related discipline, with >3 years postdoctoral experience in imaging science.
· Computational and statistical analysis skills related to image interpretation.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
We look forward to your application!
For further details please contact Recruiting Team Switzerland,· Who we are
Bei Roche leisten 94,000 Menschen in 100 Ländern Pionierarbeit im Gesundheitswesen. Gemeinsam haben wir uns zu einem weltweit führenden, forschungsorientierten Healthcare-Konzern entwickelt. Unser Erfolg baut auf Innovation, Neugier und Vielfalt.
Roche ist ein Arbeitgeber, der die Chancengleichheit fördert.