· Job facts
The Health Economist should have strong technical expertise in Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR). H/She should be able to independently conduct HEOR research projects including economic modeling, real world data research and patient-reported outcomes research. This individual should be able to independently manage outside vendors and/or work collaboratively with internal data scientists from the technical institute to conduct HEOR to support one or more disease areas or molecules, and present results at internal meetings or external conferences. H/She should be able to develop HEOR strategy and tactics for molecules with minimal supervision.
Masters +/- PharmD, Doctoral Degree
2+ years of industry experience
· Ensuring assigned goals and objectives are met and that assigned projects and other work are completed on time, to high standards and within budget
· Able to appropriately manage vendors and resources, including submission of information for contracting and other internal processes and making sure projects are completed within timeline and allocated budget.
· Able to work collaboratively internally with data scientists, medical, commercial and field colleagues. Individual must be able to work collaboratively with customers, therapeutic area experts and HEOR experts and be able to develop and maintain relationships with these experts.
· Comply with all company policies and regulations.
· Able to come up with tactics and ideas around strategic direction for molecules and/or disease areas under minimal supervision.
· Able to independently execute HEOR projects with no supervision.
· Able to pull through evidence generated through HEOR projects into publications and other promotional or reactive materials. Individual should be able to present and discuss HEOR project methods and findings to a diverse audience.
· Able to develop therapeutic area knowledge and expertise and be able to identify experts in the HEOR area for specific disease areas.
· Able to participate in cross-functional initiatives to represent E4A.
· Proactively sets and/or takes on challenging goals with some degree of risk for the benefit of the organization.
· Learns about and applies knowledge of other functions (including their roles, goals, metrics, etc.).
· Proactively and appropriately seeks and incorporates others' expertise and perspectives.
· Establishes strong shared goals and clear individual roles/responsibilities to increase alignment and ownership.
· Establishes trust with stakeholders & peers.
· Discovers stakeholders' underlying priorities, concerns, and likely reactions and tailors influencing approach accordingly.
· Actively experiments with new ideas and solutions, and learns from mistakes or failures.
· Uses external perspectives and/or past experiences to explore and apply innovative ideas to own work.
· Able to proactively keep key stakeholders informed, tailor communications to different audiences and present to large audiences both internally and externally.
· Demonstrates flexibility to expand breadth and/or depth of expertise in medical activities.
Our Operating Principles
I put the patient first, always.
I am obsessed with meeting customer needs.
I act on behalf of the whole company, not just my team.
I am inclusive.
I build a culture of trust.
I have a growth mindset.
I act with urgency.
I am accountable.
I radically simplify and prioritize for impact.
I follow the science.
I build our reputation.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Access, Access > Health Technology Assessment
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.