As a System Database Administrator (SQL Server) you will have the expertise to ensure the performance, integrity and security of the SQL databases. You will be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
Key System Database Administrator responsibilities include the following:
· Installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring & maintenance of SQL databases
· Plan, co-ordinate & implement security measures to safeguard the database
· Controlling access permissions and privileges
· Monitoring and Reporting on the Sizing of the Databases
· Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans
· Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
· Restoration of databases from backup if required
· Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
· Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
· Ensure day to day operations of the systems
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
System Database Administrator
State / Province
Primary job category
(0055) IBM Hellas Information Handling Systems S.A.
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· At least 5-year experience working as SQL database administrator
· Excellent knowledge of SQL Server 2012, SQL Server, 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005. Fair knowledge on SQL Server 2014.
· Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
· Fair knowledge on Windows clustering - Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and Windows 2012 R2.
· Practical experience troubleshooting performance problems, query tuning and optimization.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Greek and English language
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.