Data has been growing, and we need a place to store them! DS8000, EMC, HP Eva, RAIDs… Do you have already any experience with them? Or have you at least heard about them? Do you also want to experience Cloud solutions in a flexible corporate environment, while having a career perspective?
THIS IS IT! #IBMBRNO.
Our Client Innovation Center provides high-value services by bringing together an outstanding talent pool to help global leaders solve some of their most challenging problems. It is the best place where to use and develop your skills and potential. Join us and discover what you can make of this moment.
Positions as the Storage Engineer or Storage Administrator will provide you many opportunities to be part of projects, apply logical thinking and common sense. You can prove your leadership skills with your experience in complex, critical infrastructure environments.
You will have the ability to closely engage with customers, establish plans and ensure that components in Storage Environments are implemented, maintained, optimized and used effectively. Wintel, Unix, Linux, DB2, Oracle, SAP are just some of the technologies that you will be a part of!
Your role will be:
- Administration of multiple SAN Storage Arrays and Fabrics.
- Monitoring and analyzing performance statistics to produce recommendations for the environment.
- Planing, scheduling and performing proactive maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades and patch installation
- Providing input into operational best practices and suggesting improvements to the existing environment.
- Analyzing impact of SAN&NAS network systems and components for the technical infrastructure
Work is on Central shift requiring participation in on-call rotation.
Required skills :
- Basic knowledge of multiple SAN / NAS Storage environment
- Minimum 3 years experience in the administration of windows NT/2000 or Unix/Linux systems.
- Good analytical skills
- Spoken & written English: Intermediate (or better)
Nice to have :
- Experience in network administration
- Minimum 2 year experience in Storage (minimum 1 year SAN storage)
- Knowledge of zoning in large switched fabric environment (Brocade , McData)
- Experience in installing and configuring multipathing software , SDD , PCMSDD
- Experience with IBM SAN storage (DS, N series) , IBM Storage virtualization (SVC)
- Broad education and development opportunities which include training and/or professional certifications
- Additional 5 days paid time off
- Relocation bonus
- Transparent career path and potential for growth within a leading IT company
- Various benefits/discounts/offerings for sports, massages, financial services and others
- Opportunity to join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured onboarding and development program
- Be part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
- Work-life balance while having flexible working hours
#SAN #NAS #Brocade #NetApp & more
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you within 14 days.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0674) IBM Global Services Delivery Center Czech Republic s.r.o.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· High School Diploma/GED
· At least 2 years experience in Storage
· At least 1 year experience in Networking and operating systems knowledge
· At least 1 year experience in SAN knowledge
· English: Intermediate
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Bachelor's Degree
· At least 2 years experience in SAN knowledge
· English : Fluent
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire