· Work in a fast-paced environment
· 24 month fixed-term contract, based in Wellington
What do you think of when you hear IBM? Mainframes? Hard drives? The Personal Computer?
We don’t sell tabulating machines, laptops or intel servers anymore - we’re a new IBM, and possibly not like you imagined. For a start, we use MAC’s (yes, really!), and our leaders wear jeans. We apply design thinking – and have the post-its to prove it. We enable startups to grow, and are transforming healthcare – we’re even curing disease! We are defining the cognitive era. And this is just the beginning. What can YOU do with IBM?
IBM Wellington are looking for a Solution Architect with expertise in WebSphere and Middleware to join our team.
What will I be doing?
· Hands on designer who can ensure that application transaction flows meet the non-functional requirements performance criteria, are scalable and will help in responsiveness improvements
· Design, development and unit testing of application code and enhancement to existing applications
· Models business processes using BPM to meet client requirements
· Model highly complex business processes
· Support for testing and deployments
· Production of supporting documentation such as Solution Architecture documents, Design documents, Test Plans, Application Operational Support Guides, etc
What skills will I need?
· Exceptional candidate relationship management
· Strong verbal and written communication
· Eye for innovation
· Ability to coach team members
· Strong team player
· Ability to establish trust and credibility quickly
What experience do I need?
· 6+ years in Solution Architecture
· WebSphere (BPM and WPS)
· Java, Red Hat, GitHub
· Certification in Architecture
As the successful candidate will be working with Government clients, this role is only opened to New Zealand Citizens.
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM – click “Apply” today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0099) IBM New Zealand Limited
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire