Your future made with IBM
IBM Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice is now hiring experienced professionals!
Experience new and diverse professional challenges. Take your career further with IBM's Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice. Be part of a multicultural team that helps our clients to transform how their IT services are delivered. You will discover a friendly team-focused environment: an inspiring workplace that provides an open and collaborative culture. You will have an opportunity to work from the IBM office and remotely from home. Enjoy varied and challenging work - and grow your expertise through training and career development tailored to you. Shape your future by joining a global team that has driven client success for more than 100 years.
We work in a great, diverse team provide service in a challenging environment for a financial institution spread in 40 countries.
We are searching for experienced administrator of Solaris system, who would like to improve their technical skills in different UNIX technologies we are working with.
Solaris System Administrator is mainly responsible for administration of Solaris environment spread across multiple geographic regions. This includes:
· Solaris administration tasks
· Solaris device configuration
· Advanced troubleshooting
· Infrastructure designing and advisory
· Internal and external trainings and certifications,
· Upskilling programs, wide possibilities of skills' development,
· Multisport card,
· Private medical package (Medicover) and insurance package,
· Cinema, ski and mountain trips for IBMers,
· Holiday camps for children,
· Discounts for IBMers (for wide range of services/products),
· Social Fund benefits.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(1065) IBM Global Services Delivery Centre Polska Sp. z.o.o
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Few years of experience with administration of Solaris 10 and 11 systems in corporate environments
· Experience in supporting and maintaining Unix/Linux based applications and services
· Knowledge of Solaris OS technologies including ZFS, SVM, Zones, LDOMs, Live Upgrade
· Sun Cluster and Veritas Cluster experience
· Hardware support and maintenance knowledge (V-series, X-series, T-series, M-series - SPARC and x86 based)
· Sufficient storage (SAN) knowledge to perform system administrator duties
· Good shell scripting skills (bash, ksh, python preferred)
· Analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skillset
· Strong knowledge of networking technologies
· Resource management configuration and administration for virtual systems
Solaris, Linux, V-series, X-series, T-series, M-series, SPARC, shell scripting, bash, ksh, python
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire