IBM Business Analytics Performance Management solutions within IBM Hybrid Cloud help transform slow, expensive and disconnected performance planning and management processes into dynamic, efficient and connected experiences, serving finance, line-of-business and IT professionals alike and helping to create "analytics-driven" organizations.
We're looking for candidates to work alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers and business professionals focused on the next generation of software with our Planning Analytics for Microsoft Excel platform.
The ideal candidates must have technical and critical thinking skills, a passion for technology and software, and strong teaming skills. Must be able to work in a high energy environment and exhibit creative thinking and collaboration. You'll use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver software components that impact our partners' business, and ultimately, their success.
What You'll Do As a Software Quality Engineer you will be part of a SCRUM team that delivers cutting edge solutions for customers around the world. You will be responsible for all testing of an entire project across various platforms. Including...
· Own the development and execution of test plans and test cases for multiple features of an application
· Develop and maintain testing strategies, including manual and automation testing.
· Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
· Ensure comprehensive test coverage by working closely with the product and engineering teams to prioritize testing execution and report on test execution progress and results.
· Participate in design and specification reviews, and use this information to design test plans.
· Promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices.
· Promote a culture of quality throughout the organization.
· Solving complex business problems for our world-class client organizations
· Collaborating with global development teams to achieve business goals
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Software Test Specialist
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
In addition to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar discipline, you will possess....
· Basic understanding of Object Oriented Design
· 3+ years' OOP (Object Oriented Programming) experience using C#, Java, OR C++
· Enthusiasm for technology and a desire to build great software
· Exceptional problem solving skills
· Experience with the software development life cycle
· Excellent verbal communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience working with Microsoft .Net Framework
· Experience developing on/working with Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience designing and developing solutions for cloud
· Experience with agile development methodologies
· Familiarity with Github, Jenkins, Sonar, White and CodeCov and other continuous integration tools
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
· Must speak fluent English
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire