Change the world at IBM. There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing January 2019 . It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
· Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
· Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
· A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
· Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are seeking visionary students looking for a Software Engineering internship position.
You'll be part of the team of programmers and data scientists behind CognitiveClass.ai, an IBM online learning initiative with over 1 Million learners worldwide. A complex project deployed over 3 continents, 5 data centers, using the latest in Docker and container orchestration technology.
Joining our Emerging Technologies team will provide you with plenty of challenges and opportunities to improve your software development skills in an exciting and high-paced environment.
You'll work alongside our most expert developers and data scientists on groundbreaking technology, using best practices and Agile methodologies.
You should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal mentorship. Your teamwork and interpersonal skills will also be fundamental to succeed in this position.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Basic understanding of Unix/Linux systems, including common shell commands
· Experience working with Git or equivalent version control system
· Experience working with relational databases and/or NoSQL databases
· Experience with a high-level programming language like Python, Ruby, PHP, Go, etc.
· You are working towards a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or similar field
· Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Familiarity or experience with at least one of the following:
· Experience of a full development stack or framework (e.g., LAMP, MEAN, Django, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
· Understanding of the REST paradigm
· Experience with TDD and SCRUM
· Experience with client-side SPA (Single Page Application) frameworks like React, Vue.js, and/or Angular
· Experience with mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
· Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, and similar DevOps technologies
· Experience with WordPress plugin development
· Experience with Data Science and Data Visualization
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada.
Early Professional Track