IBM is a global technology and innovation company. A largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
Over the past 100 years, a lot has changed at IBM, in this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries as diverse as healthcare, retail, banking, travel, manufacturing, and many more, by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We like to say, “be essential.” We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyze. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation.
Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works. We want the brightest minds doing work that inspires, in an environment where growth is encouraged. IBMers get to discover their potential, so they're inspired to create breakthroughs that help our clients succeed. We're building diverse teams with people who want their ideas to matter. Join us — you'll be proud to call yourself an IBMer.
IBM Research is the innovation engine of the IBM corporation. It is the largest industrial research organization in the world with 12 labs on 6 continents. IBM Research produces more breakthroughs–more than 9 patents are produced every single day. IBM employs over 3200 researchers worldwide
Since its inception in1998 as IBM Research's eighth laboratory, IRL India has produced many breakthrough innovations and has emerged as a premier research lab in the region with an impressive list of achievements, including innovations in service delivery such as customer analytics, workforce management and global delivery management. In a short time, IBM's research laboratory in India has become a microcosm of the best of IBM research worldwide.
IBM Research India is currently focused on using cognitive technologies (machine learning, pattern recognition, software engineering, analytics) to solve problems in several industry domains such as Financial Services, Education, HR, Tech support, manufacturing, commerce and health, Energy and Utilities), solving unique challenges in emerging markets such as spoken web, cleansing of noisy data, and scalable analytics platforms for the telecom industry.
Who you are :
We are seeking people with deep knowledge of computer science or related fields. Ability to learn quickly and work with a global team in an agile fashion are desirable traits.
What you'll do:
Software Engineer position at IBM India Research Lab is a challenging, dynamic and highly innovative role.
· Build new products and service offerings based on advanced text and content analytics, machine learning, natural language processing, and the Watson technology.
· Build platforms for supporting personalized education, new methods of naturally interacting with enterprise infrastructure and systems, and new methods of delivering domain specific insights to customers.
· We are also conducting research on the next generation of cognitive interaction technologies.
How we'll help you grow:
· You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses required to become the guide you want to be
· You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our SME's love to mentor.
· You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Fixed Term - Long Term
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Experience in Machine Learning, Data and Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Information Extraction, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Blockchain, cognitive interaction technologies.
· Client-facing projects with ground-up solution and platform development.
· Focal point between multiple research teams, product teams and clients, for IoT-analytics architecture.
· Passion for developing high quality code and solutions.
· Ability to work with multiple technologies.
· J2EE development - proven programming experience and skills
· Data bases and data modeling
· Experience with enterprise quality software development
· Comfortable with software installation, configuration and system administration
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Distributed systems and applications, Cloud computing, Security
· Agile software development across technologies and languages. Work with a combination of open source and IBM technologies like Spark, RabbitMQ, Bluemix, Cassandra, Hadoop, J2EE, SOA among others.
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
· Proven programming and system development skills
· Proven Communication Skills
Early Professional Track