Description de l'offre
IBM Center for Blockchain Innovation is looking to hire software engineers to work with our scientists / engineers and designers to prove the technologies and solution concepts. Working within fast-paced industrial research and development cycles, we aim to prove new key technologies, and to ensure client success via proof-of-concept demonstrations and pilots. In the area of Blockchain, the focus is to solve challenging problems in blockchain. Exploring new scientific methods and techniques, we strive to enhance blockchain technology.
We aim to hire software engineers interested to work in both areas of application development and/or blockchain.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
· Bachelor degree / Diploma or higher in related fields that include Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mathematics.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Good communication skills.
· Good personality traits and able to work efficiently in a team.
Recommended Technical and Professional Expertise:
· Preferred 2-3 years of experience working in technology, though fresh graduates with relevant skills are also encouraged to apply.
· Demonstrate technical leadership.
· Possess skills in across multiple technology stacks and / or blockchain platforms.
· Possess ability to work independently.
· Have a strong passion for technology and have a constant desire to continuously learn and improve.
(i) For candidates interested in Application Development, we would require a reasonable number of the following skills:
· Strength in computer science fundamentals such as algorithms and data structures.
· Skills in a few well-known frameworks, for instance frontend frameworks such as React and Vue, mobile frameworks for Android/iOS, and backend ecosystem of technologies such as Node.JS, Enterprise Java, Django.
· Skills with common database technologies such as CouchDB, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres.
· Skills with development productivity tools such as Git, Docker / Kubernetes, Travis / Jenkins.
(ii) For candidates interested in Blockchain Development, we would require a reasonable number of the following skills:
· Skills with popular blockchain platforms such as Hyperledger Fabric, Ethereum, Quorum
· Knowledge and proficiency with cryptographic concepts, such as encryption, signature schemes, PKIs.
· Knowledge and proficiency with security concepts, such as network security, authentication, authorization, data integrity
· Knowledge and proficiency with distributed computing concepts such as replication, synchronization, fault tolerance.
Background about IBM Center for Blockchain Innovation
At IBM Research, we invent things that matter to the world. Today, we are pioneering the most promising and disruptive technologies that will transform industries and society, including the future of AI, blockchain and quantum computing. We are driven to discover. With more than 3,000 researchers in 13 locations across six continents, IBM Research is one of the world's largest and most influential corporate research labs.
IBM Center for Blockchain Innovation (ICBI) is a part of IBM Research Center in Singapore. In ICBI we lead engage with customers to deliver strategic blockchain projects that push the envelope and move the innovation needle forward. Our customers include industry players and government authorities. We also partner with academia to accelerate the adoption of blockchain.
You will be joining IBM Research to advance industry transformations using Blockchain technologies working with research colleagues around the world. This effort will involve working actively with clients across different industries such as Finance, Trade, and Commerce to explore how Blockchains can transform as well as create new opportunities. You will help create new digital Blockchain platforms and business networks in support of these key industry transformations. New information models that leverage distributed ledgers, security models that meet industry requirements while maintaining data integrity, confidentiality and privacy, smart contract libraries and templates that support multi-party business processes, cognitive analytics and services to generate breakthrough insights, new scale-ready deployment architectures and infrastructure to enable global business networks are some of the many ways in which you will be able to help transform industries and be part of a unique team of top talent.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(1355) IBM Innovation Services Pte Ltd - IP Company
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Please refer to job description
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Please refer to job description
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track