The Weather Company, an IBM Business, is seeking a Cloud Services Software Developer to join our team at the world's leading provider of weather data. We are looking for a passionate developer who understands cross platform cloud technologies, linking business and technical requirements, and building services to accelerate weather-related business applications to market. You will be part of a motivated team of engineers that will encourage you to share and advance your skills and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Participate in the design and implementation of sophisticated software in a services-oriented environment.
· Responsible for assigned areas of code development, inter-operation and software contracts with other services and client applications, participating in software design and code reviews. Reviews include other software engineers and are held to ensure a high level of software quality and to share knowledge with team members.
· Responsible for ongoing operational support of developed products.
· Participate in, and adhere to, professional software engineering practices using such tools and methodologies as Agile, Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
· Address production issues in a timely manner. This includes root cause analysis and working with manager and team members to resolve the problem.
· Maintain a high level of proficiency with Computer Science/Software Engineering knowledge and contribute to the skills growth of the team.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Passion for Computer Science and Programming
· Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages and techniques
· Solid understanding and experience in microservices oriented design and development
· Experience with unit testing
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly to convey information concisely and work closely and collaboratively with teammates
· Experience with relational and non-relational (NOSQL) databases
· Experience with large scale data distributed systems
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience developing high volume, high throughput, data-driven applications
· Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and related technologies
· Demonstrated delivery of projects with infrastructure as code
· Experience developing cloud native applications and services technologies
· AWS experience
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire