At IBM Multi-Cloud Management Platform, we have a simple goal: to enable enterprises to manage in a world that spans legacy solutions on-premise to the latest NoOps based development approaches. Our platform enables our customers to acquire, operate and manage their application lifecycle across multiple clouds and container platforms. Our engineering team works with numerous cloud and container technologies including Helm, CloudForms, CloudFormation, Deployment Manager, Resource Manager, Prometheus, ServiceNow, VRA, Terraform and others. Our squads are constantly focused on innovating and seeking out better tools, technologies and techniques to deliver our solutions faster with higher scale and reliability. We are a pure microservices based team and our current technologies set is based on GoLang, Angular, RxJS and MongoDB.
As part of this team you will be responsible for creating new microservices to expand our capabilities to meet the ever-changing landscape of cloud technologies that our customers use across all the major clouds as well as on-premise. The team is diverse and distributed across the world, and collaborates on daily basis over Github, WebEx, and Slack.
· Mentor and direct others in their technology evaluations, designs, and implementations
· Assist internal customer organizations in solving complex customer issues
· Collaborate with Product Management to analyze business and customer needs, to help steer roadmaps and the lifecycle of products and services
· Design and document features and stories in support of requirements and stay up-to-date on relevant technical developments and industry standards and standard methodologies
· Work with and communicate successfully, all concepts and guidelines to development team while ensuring software meets all requirements of quality, security, scalability, extensibility etc
· Analyze and improve stability, scalability, and the performance
· Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 8+ years of technical leadership experience in software development with deep insight and understanding into “Cloud” Experience with large scale distributed systems
· 4-6+ years' experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (with at least 3-4 years on cloud services)
· Proven experience with Multi-Tenant Highly Available SaaS solutions
· Demonstrated expertise troubleshooting skills with experience working in mission-critical large production customer environments, along with expertise in deployments.
· Working knowledge of the web and cloud-based applications (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, etc) and associated protocols, from the browser to back-end internals.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· You know how to build trust and communicate effectively with executives, along with day-to-day users of the software
· You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
· Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
· Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
· Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.