As a member of the QRadar Integration Team, you will be responsible for the integration of third-party events and vulnerability data into Q1 Labs' flagship network security management solution, QRadar.
As a successful candidate, you must be able to:
· Research the logging/messaging capability of log sources and determine the best method for integrating them
· Collect, analyze, and classify sample log messages and create methods for parsing them
· Work with internal groups to implement, test, and document device support, including processing, alerting, and reporting capabilities
· Work independently and with a group of peers; especially cross-functional teams in a development environment
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 5+ Years Experience developing commercial software using Java
· 5+ Years Knowledge of security best practices and methodologies
· 5+ Years Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
· 5+ Years Experience with unit and integration testing
· 5+ Years Experience in security log analysis, application log analysis, and general log management best practices
· Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
· Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills
· Self-driven with attention to detail and quality
· Experience XML, XML Schema and Document Type Definition (DTD), APIs for manipulating XML
· Development experience with relational databases
· Scripting experience using an exhibited language such as Perl and/or Python (additional scripting language knowledge a plus)
· Experience with a broad range of Java technologies (e.g., JMS, JNI, JDBC, …)
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience with GIT
· Experience with Regular Expressions
· Demonstrated understanding of networking protocols and principles
· Knowledge of log transport protocols
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
· Must be eligible / legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM is a leading provider of enterprise security solutions. Named by industry analysts as a leader in 12 security market segment categories, IBM Security is a multi-billion dollar business that is rapidly growing. In an industry focused on building walls, IBM Security is focused on creating an open, connected security ecosystem that leverages AI and cloud to help clients improve compliance, stop threats, and grow their business securely.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.