Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Fredericton, NB and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing January 2019 . It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
· Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
· Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
· A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
· Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
As a Software Developer, you will be expected to demonstrate conceptual and technical skills as you develop, implement, and eventually help to run core infrastructure components to back IBM Security’s cloud portfolio of products
You will work with product owners to implement new components, and new features in existing components. You will help your team find and resolve technical debt using agile development practices. You will help your team support and run your services in production in a DevOps oriented fashion
You will work with other products and teams in the IBM Security division to help them utilize and develop against the platform components you build
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
· English Fluent (verbal and written)
· Willingness to take ownership of your code –you build it, you run it
· Ability to work with other geographically dispersed teams
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience developing microservices based platforms based on RESTful APIs
· Experience developing in a service-oriented Cloud environment
· Experience working on highly scalable systems is a plus
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada.
Early Professional Track