The IBM Watson Health Imaging (WHI) business unit is looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of IT-transformed healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations in every way. In the role of Software Developer Automation & Integration, you will develop tools to support development and test automation, create integrations for our development and test tools and develop automated tests for our advanced web based medical imaging applications.
Working under minimal supervision, you will perform software development and/or automated software test development activities related to existing and new product development. You will be directed by the team leader, architect and/or manager to perform the following high-level tasks:
· Understand new requirements and existing design constraints within the product
· Understand or troubleshoot existing problems within the product.
You will be expected to develop and document requirement specifications, design and implement automated tests, and perform developer verification and validation of those implementations according to the WHI Standard Operating Procedures.
· Comply with the project's software delivery processes and the quality system definitions.
· Design, implement and execute test cases
· Design and implement automated test scripts for test cases utilizing our automated provided test framework (C# and/or Java based)
· Participate in the creation/modification of module specifications, designs, test descriptions, work breakdowns and estimates.
· Participate in the review of product engineering artifacts (e.g. specifications, designs, test descriptions, implementations, tests, records, reports, etc.).
· Act as onshore liaison to offshore development team (where applicable).
· Work effectively in collaboration with other employees inside and outside of the department.
· Pursue a program of continuous self-development. Respond in a positive manner to mentoring.
· Mentor less senior team members and peer review product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications, code, etc.
· Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 5+ years of related experience in software development
· 5+ years experience with C# and / or Java
· 5+ years experience with automated test development of web applications
· Working knowledge in Objected Oriented Programming
· Flexibility to work in an Agile development model
· Strong verbal and written English communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience with Selenium, WebDrivers, TestStack highly recommended
· Experience with DICOM, HL7 v2 and imaging
· Experience with Python / Perl
· Experience working in a regulated environment, especially healthcare
· Familiarity with Linux, Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Github
· Familiarity with SQL databases
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.