We are a team of Software Developers and Test Engineers within IBM Watson Health Imaging. We are empowered to build the first generation of cognitive software applications and services that will make health care professionals and physicians work more efficient.
We design and develop products using IBM Watson Health Imaging's quality management system and follow industry best practices including Agile methodologies. Our team participates in the entire software development lifecycle and we work with other software professionals, customers, business partners, medical practitioners and industry professionals. Join our team where we foster collaboration, innovation, continual improvement and professionalism.
· Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams (development, product management, quality assurance, research, etc.) to understand requirements, processes and customer needs.
· Understand product and offering requirements and be able to design high-level software engineering tasks to meet those requirements; implement the engineering tasks that result in code and deliverables that meet the requirements.
· Write, maintain, modify and support software code; create unit, acceptance and integration tests for software code; use build and deployment processes (CI/CD) to promote code to staging and production environments; manage and maintain deployments of software and operational platforms and environments (DevOps).
· Define and implement code across entire stack from back-end databases, content processing pipelines and frameworks, middle-tier application and business logic, to end-user interfaces and UIs.
· Track work, completion of tasks using Agile, Scrum and/or Lean methodologies including issue tracking systems; follow documented software development processes.
· Follow software engineering practices such as Agile, Enterprise Design Thinking and quality and design control processes typical to developers of medical devices and regulated industries. We are looking for self-motivated and driven candidates that are passionate about working on cutting edge technologies and that thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related area
· 5 years of software development experience in a high-performance, complex, cross-functional software development environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Hands-on experience with Agile methodology; Experience with microservice architecture and multi-tiered software architectures
· Experience working with medical imaging, medical devices, common healthcare information protocols and standards such as HL7, FHIR, DICOM, XDS and/or IHE; working with healthcare systems and platforms such as PACS, EMR, EHR, HIS and/or RIS
· Interest or experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (A), and Data Analytics and complex visualizations
· Experience with Radiology
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.