The mission of IBM Resilient is to help organizations thrive in the face of any cyberattack or business crisis. Our award-winning Incident Response Platform (IRP) empowers security teams to analyze, respond to and mitigate incidents faster, smarter and more efficiently. Resilient is fast becoming the industry standard solution for incident response. The IRP integrates all other security technologies into a single hub and provides easy workflow customization and process automation. Armed with Resilient, security teams can have best-in-class response capabilities. We are growing rapidly and are looking for a highly motivated, dynamic, talented individual to join our Software Development team.
Located in Galway, Ireland, you will join a team of talented individuals in the delivery of quality software for the industry leader in Intelligent Orchestration. It provides a truly unique opportunity to join a successful, rapidly growing organization and fill a pivotal role in its growth and success. This is a role for Test Engineer with hands on experience of the development and execution of test plans. You will be responsible for the creation and execution of test plans and scripts and collaborating within your guild to develop and implement best practices that will have an impact on QA. Applicants for this role must have strong experience in writing test cases, modern testing practices and tools and Agile software development.
· Work in a global, multidisciplinary team using agile approaches.
Contribute to the resilient QA Guild by relentlessly seeking innovative approaches to improve best practices and quality.
· Design test strategies, test plans, and test cases for functional testing web applications.
· Develop, update and maintain Regression Plans.
· Design and create test scenarios for end-to-end testing.
· Provide active technical leadership throughout the entire development process, including reviewing acceptance criteria, reviewing test cases and test automation code, setting up environments, and communicating with the project team on defects, issues, and QA status.
· Participate in the design, build, extension and maintenance of our QA framework.
· Work closely with Software Developers and other Quality/Test Engineers to deliver product in a timely and cost-effective manner.
· Analyse test results to discover defects in the product and in the test tools.
· Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute test suites.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0483) IBM Ireland Product Distribution Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer in an enterprise environment.
· Strong experience in test case development for performing functional and regression testing of web applications.
· Experience working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) development process and with Agile tools such as Jira
· Proficiency with Linux.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related fields
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Experience at deploying and testing on virtual machines.
· Knowledge of SAML, LDAP, BPMN, and SMTP.
· Familiarity with testing web services with tools such as POSTMAN.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Scripting proficiency: Java/Groovy or Python
· Experience monitoring results of automated test runs and occasionally fixing broken tests and writing new tests.
· Security testing knowledge.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire