At IBM Budapest Lab Information Security Engineers help plan and carry out an organization’s information security strategy. They develop a set of security standards and best practices for the organization, and recommend security enhancements to management as needed. They develop strategies to respond to and recover from a security breach. Information Security Engineers are also responsible for educating the workforce on information security through training and building awareness
What You will be especially responsible for:
You will install and use software, such as firewalls and data encryption programs, to protect the organizations ‘sensitive information.
Testing for Vulnerabilities
You have to conduct periodic scans of networks to find any vulnerability. They also conduct penetration testing, in which they simulate an attack on the system to highlight or find any weaknesses that might be exploited by a malicious party.
Monitoring for Security Breaches
You will be constantly monitor the organization’s networks and systems for security breaches or intrusions. Also install software that helps to notify you of intrusions, and watch out for irregular system behavior.
Investigating Security Breaches
If a breach has occurred, the you will be leading incident response activities to minimize the impact. Afterwards, you will also lead a technical and forensic investigation into how the breach happened and the extent of the damage. Afterwards prepare reports of your findings.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0059) IBM Magyarorszagi Kft.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You have experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection, firewalls and content filtering
- You are experienced in designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- You have distinct knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies and methods
- You’ve already done planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures
- You can demonstrate professional experience in a system administration role supporting multiple platforms and applications
- You can easily communicate network security issues to peers and management
- At least on basic level you can read source code for various platforms, recognize typical patterns and antipatterns
- You have 3-5 years information security engineering experience.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems.
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire