Location - RTP
As a Messaging Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that our clients have ubiquitous and continuous access to email from both desktop and mobile devices, through a variety of client applications including Outlook, OWA, iOS, Android and others. You will configure the environment and establish policies that ensure the system is performant and secure, and that it meets the needs of both users and applications that depend on mail. You have a deep understanding of dependent systems including directory, database, network, and private cloud architecture. And you will use your strong problem-solving skills to resolve the most challenging issues which are escalated to your team when less skilled and experienced engineers are unable to resolve issues.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Messaging Engineering team is focused on engineering tools and applications our clients need to be effective. Through a family of apps and services, we are building an environment which is constantly solving problems and working together to push the limits on productivity and collaboration . We are well-positioned to deliver the next chapter of the digital workplace, leveraging expertise in cloud, security, and scale. We are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, dynamic, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on high performing teams.
· M anagement and support of MS Exchange messaging environments.
· Proactive system analysis, monitoring and documentation
· Have a deep understanding of MS Exchange messaging ecosystem security aspects, maintain and ensure systems are up to par with the security industry standards.
· Operating, managing, processing, provisioning, and troubleshooting enterprise email, mobile, and collaboration services, in an environment with minimum 10,000 users, 50,000 or more preferred
· Managing roles and services, user permissions, e-mail queues, mobile messaging, and dynamic distribution groups
· Coordinating restoration of email services
· Resolving emergency incidents
· Documenting incident resolutions and providing updates
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 5+ years of experience installing, configuring and managing Microsoft Exchange current supported versions on premise environments, including Database, Mailbox Server roles/ services, and message routing.
· LDAP and Active Directory Services ADDS expertise.
· Active Directory Federation Services .ADFS.
· Azure Active Directory Connect AADC
· DNS and related technologies.
· Data Loss Prevention (DLP) concepts and implementation.
· Strong understanding of PowerShell.
· Outlook 2016, Outlook Mac 2016.
· Activesync, Mobile Email (Android, IOS)
· SMTP, TLS.
· Email Hygiene, Policy Management.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Knowledge of Agile methodology
· Knowledge of Identity technologies; SSO, MFA
· IBM Lotus Notes/Exchange integration experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
As a Messaging Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that all IBMers have ubiquitous and continuous access to email from both desktop and mobile devices, and through a variety of client applications. You will configure the environment and establish policies that ensure the system is performant and secure, and that it meets the needs of both users and applications that depend on mail. You will have a deep understanding of dependent systems including directory, database, network, and private cloud architecture. And you will use your strong problem-solving skills to resolve the most challenging issues which are escalated to your team when less skilled and experienced engineers are unable to resolve issues.
Your Life @ IBM
At our RTP office, you will be a part of a fun, inquisitive team. We are hard working, but also enjoy regular happy hours, special events, snacks and game nights. We encourage our team to keep up with the latest technology through conferences and local Meetups.
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM's IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents.