As an IBM Storage SME, you are responsible to provide technical support to SAN Storage servers with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
· Adopt the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements.
· Root Cause Analysis preparation and meeting Service level agreement for submission.
· Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities such as backup/restore, performance tuning and configuration of environments as well as incremental backups as required.
· As a Subject matter expert provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, and implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to IBM SAN products and Switches.
· Diagnose Storage products and related product issues and follow up with root cause analysis.
· Participate in Disaster Recovery, planning, Changes, Upgrades, Implementation and tests as scheduled.
· Support TSM activities on business needs.
· Communicate technology, timelines, and architectures to stake holders to ensure the integrations are meeting requirements and stake holder expectations.
· Design and propose new architecture elements for integrations where appropriate.
· Primary on call support for Storage and associated switch products.
· Support for technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
· Support for new product installation and evaluation as needed.
· Problem determination and resolution within expected time frame.
· Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems.
· Lead daily Operations meetings provided there are no P1 incidents running.
· Aid with identifying problem management trends.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Systems Management Specialist
State / Province
Primary job category
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum 10 + years of experience in Infrastructure domain with 7+ years in IBM SAN Products
· Expertise to determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
· Familiarity of IBM SAN products like DS 3000, 4000, 5000,8000 Series, Storwize, A9000, A9000R, V7000, V9000, SVC and XIV.
· Proficiency to facilitate discussions with stakeholders and internal/external partners to understand scope, expectations, technical content and business processes
· Solid understanding of storage Administration environment with work management, performance management and implementation.
· Experience in Disaster recovery and Replications with the ability to upgrade, install and migrate storage products
· Experience in Provisioning and Replication (Global Mirror and Metro mirror) technologies
· Proven experience on the IBM storage functionality and architecture.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
· Knowledge working on IBM TSM
· You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
· Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
· Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
· Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it's important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it's our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.