Are you passionate about DevOps, Software Engineering and Continuous Delivery? Are you a collaborator, someone willing to learn from within IBM and more importantly adopt best practices from outside of IBM, an Agile practitioner with a willingness to jump in and figure out complex technical problems, with a focus on delivering results?
The IBM CIO organization is looking to hire an experienced DevOps engineer to help develop an SRE team to support the Digital Workplace Engineering organization.
The IBM CIO organization is building an agile organization which provides best in industry solutions to employees to increase their productivity. We play a major role in delivering technology to the IBM digital workplace. Currently we are building a cloud native deployment pipeline which gives application teams the ability to continuously deploy features to production. The role is key to driving towards DevOps maturity by automating builds, regression testing, monitoring, and pushing releases across the environment. In this fastpaced and expanding organization, we foster an environment of continuous innovation and working in agile teams.
The Qualified candidate will be responsible for development of solutions by working with product manager, scrum master, architects, developers and business stakeholders.
Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship
· Creation and enhancement of Continuous Integration automation across multiple platforms including Java, Nodejs, and Swift.
· Creation and enhancement of Continuous Deployment automation built on Docker and Kubernetes.
· Creation and enhancement of dynamic monitoring and alerting solutions using industry leading services.
· Developing automation to ensure security across a geographically dispersed hosting environment.
#adaytorefer IWD18HJNA IWD18&A
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3 plus years of experience architecting enterprise scale mobile or web solutions
· 3 plus years of experience in developing APIs, web services
· 3 plus years of designing and deploying applications to IBM Cloud (Softlayer) or Amazon Web Services
· 1 plus years of experience with Kubernetes; deploying applications
· Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools
· Strong background in computer science, with strong competencies in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms.
· Experience with automated testing for mobile and web platforms
· Familiarity with GitHub, JIRA, Trello, New Relic
SRE, Site Reliability Engineering, Microservices, Automation, Ansible, Chef, Cassandra
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 3 plus years of experience with Linux
· 3 plus years of experience with Docker; building and deploying containers
· 1 plus years of experience with Ansible; automating Linux configuration management
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire