As the Design Lead you sit at the top of the Design pyramid within IBM iX. You are comfortable engaging with client stakeholders, strategists, designers and technology teams to workshop and define future digital experiences. You contribute your ideas and your deep insights of human behaviour, experience design, usability, digital product, etc. with established design systems such as Apple or Google. You are comfortable in a highly agile and iterative environment where you translate business concepts into journeys, screen flows and interactions. You will be leading a team of talented UX designers, UI designers and Interaction designers and inspire them to turn ideas into engaging and intuitively usable interactive experience concepts for omni-channel digital products and services.
This role will utilize a high-level analytical ability and creativity to address ambiguous, large, complex/new problems and projects and apply IBM Design thinking to determine priority, scope and relationships of existing and proposed solutions. Candidates in this role will lead discussions and presentations for both working and delivery purposes and effectively communicate process on all engagements and have measurable successful deliveries. A significant level of customer and stakeholder interaction is required across ASEAN and will require significant travel across ASEAN.
This role requires Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the following capabilities:
· Design Thinking and human-centric problem-solving.
· Service Design, Design Systems, Design operation
· Create visually compelling representations of the solution's high-level interaction, navigation, and organization design (i.e., concept models).
· Develop visual representations of the organizational structure, hierarchy, and relationships of screens in a site (i.e., site maps).
· Develop visual representations of the interactions between the user and the functional modules in the solution.
· Deep knowledge surrounding customer segments and behaviors across multiple industries.
· Conduct and analyze C-level stakeholder interviews to understand key success factors for a project or pursuit Customer segments and behaviors across multiple industries.
· Leading and organizing a team of user experience and visual designers across multiple locations.
· Practical experience of delivery, including running multiple cross-functional squads, overseeing design processes.
The role also involves
· Provide thought leadership in the creative and design field, i.e. experience design, service design, digital products, etc.
· Knowledge of state of the art and emerging digital design trends, and how new technologies impact these trends.
· Extensive travel across ASEAN region.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(8340) IBM Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum of 5+ years' experience in digital agency / consulting agency,
· At least 3 years experience in Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, InVision or similar
· At least 3 years experience in professional business communications, including oral presentations, written documents, executive presentation
· Bachelor's degree in a design-related discipline.
· Consultative mindset and thorough understanding of Asian markets/industries, brands, consumers and trends.
· English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Referral Promo Code
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.