The role is within the Db2 Support organization, with local office located at Krakow Software Laboratory. We are extending a team of highly skilled and motivated individuals who provide technical support to IBM clients with Db2 LUW database systems and related tools such as Db2 Client and connectivity related products. The team is a part of the wider Db2 support organization which handles severity 1 (down systems) support tickets as part of the worldwide 24x7 Follow-the-sun (FTS) program as well as non severity 1 tickets.
During daily work you will:
- Handle cases for world wide, high profile IBMs customers, using Db2 systems such as Db2 EventStore, Db2 Warehouse, DPF/HADR/PureScale clusters, IIAS appliance and Db2 on Cloud.
- Identify and resolve questions or problems related to product installation, configuration, utilization, functionality, updates, compatibility performance and availability across multiple platforms and network infrastructures.
- Work on cases including cluster system analysis, corruption issues and performance problems. Explain on testing performed and resulting outcomes.
- Perform Db2 source code analysis and deep diagnosis to resolve complex issues while working with development teams in issue resolution and defects identification.
- Debug Db2 software with knowledge of C/C++ programming, operating systems, and other relevant technologies.
- Leverage knowledge in concepts like agent systems, distributed systems, concurrent programming, statistical metadata analysis, binary/assembly analysis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding, narrowing and defining the scope of clients concerns in terms of stating the problem and understanding its scope.
- Managing client expectations and understanding the nature of the issue in terms of technical impact and pervasiveness.
- Utilizing technical and negotiation skills in collaboration with other support operations/organizations to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution using problem determination/problem analysis skills. You may have the opportunity to work closely with the DB2 development lab to correct identified product defects.
- Communicating updates and action plans to customer or IBM representative via the phone and email as per response guidelines.
- Contributes to department attainment of organizational objectives and high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to record and document each step of the problem solving effort including any interaction with the client DBA.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with the team and also the clients, such as writing technotes, blogging in social media, etc.
- Ensuring that an adequate amount of process is followed. If applicable, recommends and implements new or improvements to existing technical support tools, procedures, and processes.
- This role requires working a shifted week, and also some weekends and public holiday days as the hub is one of 3 worldwide support hubs that provide 7x24 support 365 days a year.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0109) IBM Polska Sp. zo.o.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
University degree (at least Bachelor) in one of the following discipline or equivalent experience:
· Engineering (Electrical/Computer Systems/Software Engineering)
· Science (Computer/Mathematics/Statistics);
· Information Technology
Soft Skills Requirements:
· Ability to prioritise personal workload and multitask as required
· Ability to initiate self-learning of new skills & areas of the database & likewise with the Operating System, -programming languages, shell scripts in order to utilise these to assist solving problems
· Positive attitudes and willingness to solve complex problems and embrace change, despite difficulties.
· Excellent communication skills both written & verbal
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Proficiency in at least one RDMS (DB2 UDB, Informix, Oracle, SyBase, SQL Server)
· Proficiency in at least one of the following programming language (C, C++)
· Proficiency in at least one flavour Unix (AIX, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX)
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.