Ready to change the way the world works in the Cognitive Era? This is your chance to develop innovative technology products, as well as enhance your career, with the world's second largest software-maker. Hone your expertise alongside fellow talented professionals, where you'll develop some of the most exciting software solutions on the market. At IBM, we're committed to the advancement of open Internet standards and applications.
The IBM Blockchain team is looking for team members to help develop our blockchain-based tokenization solution with intelligent API facades to enable an easy-to-integrate, foundational solution.
As a Software Developer your key responsibilities will include:
· Be part of a team that is building industry-leading token issuance platforms for users
· Integration of user-facing reporting dashboards with server side data and logic
· Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
· Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
· Implementation of security and data protection schemes, such as PKCS#11 and other PKI systems
· Work with Lead Engineer and Architect to design/develop improvements to the tokenization solution
· Collaborate with other engineers and management to help design interoperability between public blockchain platforms including Ethereum, Bitcoin, Stellar, and enterprise platforms like Hyperledger Fabric, Burrow etc. If you have a strong passion for blockchain and cryptocurrencies, as well as a desire to never stop learning, we want to hear from you. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· 3+ years of experience as a backend developer
· Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks
· User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
· Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
· Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile with API backends vs. desktop applications, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
· Working knowledge of using NoSQL databases, including effective data modelling
· Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
· Knowledge of computer security best practices, understanding of cryptography and digital signatures
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· At least 5 years' experience as a back-end developer
· Experience with Blockchain daemons such as Bitcoind and/or Stellar Core
· Solidity experience, and working experience with Ethereum or Corda is a plus
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Visa sponsorship not provided
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire