Park Hyatt Saigon is a French mansion near the Opera House, a sanctuary of peace in the middle of one of Asia's most bustling cities.
Park Hyatt Saigon was renovated in 2015. As this luxury-defining project continued, Park Hyatt Saigon renovated its ballroom in 2016 and just finished restaurants and bars renovation in 2017.
Our strategy is to make a difference in the lives of all those we touch — colleagues, guests, operators, community members and shareholders alike.
We care for people so they can be their best. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun. At Park Hyatt Saigon our aim is to create energizing experiences that connect our guests to who and what matters to them most. We are passionate about fostering connections, the place for any and every occasion and a one-stop experience.
At Park Hyatt Saigon, we believe our guests select our hotel because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and unique experiences.
Currently, Park Hyatt Saigon is looking for a Sous Chef - Pastry (Vietnamese candidate) to work with the highest standards of product and service delivering unparalleled service in the market.
Join with us to discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
As a Sous Chef - Pastry, you will be responsible to assist with the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations. The Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Chef de Cuisine in managing his / her assigned kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
Detailed job description:
· To assist in developing menus that are appropriate for the outlet operation, the market and the desired business goals.
· In the absence of the Pastry Chef, to conduct pre-shift briefings and regular communications meetings ensuring that they are effective and conducted as necessary.
· To help maintain and utilise other employee communications channels, e.g. notice boards, log books
· To ensure that all culinary employees in the outlet deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
· To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
· To help develop, write, test, update and follow standard recipes.
· To help maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals as well as the expectations of the guests.
· To help ensure that the food cost is managed in line with maximising profit while delivering on the brand promise.
· To assist in proactively managing costs.
· To assist in the inventory management and ongoing maintenance of hotel operating equipment and other assets, including establishing par stocks, equipment care and maintenance and inventory taking as required.
· To assist with the input and oversight of product specifications, recipes and other data as required, supporting the smooth operation of Materials Management and Cost Audit functions.
· To help maintain the culinary standards through hands on management, overseeing the consistent implementation of the approved menu and training the employees as necessary in the preparation and presentation of each and every item.
· To help in creating special menus, suggest alternatives, meet specific customer requests and interact with customers to meet and exceed their culinary expectations.
· To help in monitoring all outlet kitchen operations, especially during peak business periods, working alongside the other culinary employees and making adjustments where necessary.
· To ensure that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
· To make sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Food and Beverage Top 20 are implemented.
· To respond to the results of the Consumer Audit and to ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
· To work closely with other management and supervisory personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
· To make sure that culinary employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Team”.
· To taste and monitor the food products served, providing feedback and adjusting where appropriate.
· To verify the quality of the product coming into the outlet kitchen, working with the Pastry Chef in the procurement of the best product for the best price.
· To work closely with the Pastry Chef and Stewarding Manager to ensure that hygiene standards are maintained and that operating equipment is cared for to maximise its useful life and to minimize breakage.
· To work with the Pastry Chef and Engineering Team to ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and cared for.
· Minimum 2 years work experience as Sous Chef or 4 years as Chef de Partie in a hotel or large restaurant with good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international brands.
· Qualification in Kitchen Production or Management will be an advantage.
· Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential.
· Basic Computer Skills in MS Office, and Recipe Maintenance System is preferred.
· Good English communication
Hyatt is a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. We could bring you the followings:
· Attractive package
· International and professional but friendly 5-star working environment
· Training and development opportunities
· Full insurance package
· 2 complimentary meals at canteen
· Complimentary rooms
· Discount 50% for F&B service at our restaurants
· Have 2 duty meals per working shift