· Permanent Full Time Position
· Leading Global Hotel Brand
· Competitive Salary & benefits
· Learning, Development & Career advancement opportunities
About Park Hyatt Auckland
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world's premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.
About the Role
You will be a real foodie at heart! Your love of leading a team of cooks and chefs will shine through in your collaborative leadership style. You will be responsible for supporting the running of the Kitchens in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations. This will be achieved through leading a team of other Sous Chef, Chef de Parties, Commis, Cooks and Apprentice Chefs. As well as supporting the Executive Chef with the vision of the department.
Day to Day
· Lead and motivate a team of qualified chefs
· Monitor food production, quality, and consistency
· Monitor food and cost control
· Interact with Guests
What we are looking for?
· Previous supervisory or management experience in a similar role
· Qualification in Kitchen/Food Production
· Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and Occupational Health and Safety standards
· Proven experience in compiling menus, recipes and presentations
· The ability to problem solve, delegate and prioritise with a strong eye for detail
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Exceptional customer service
· Full availability to work shifts including nights, weekends and public holidays.
· Motivation to continue building a rewarding career within the hospitality industry
· Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices including HACCP and workplace Health and Safety standards is incremental.
· Not have any issues bending, lifting and walking for long periods of time.
· Be flexible enough so that you can work on a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays.
Ideal candidate profile
· Qualification in Kitchen Production and Management
· Extensive knowledge and hands on experience in Kitchen management, menu planning and operational skills
· Good Computer Skills especially in MS Office, email and Recipe Maintenance System
· Comprehensive knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards
· Minimum two years work experience as Chef de Cuisine or 3-4 years as Sous Chef of a hotel or restaurant of good standards; preferably with experience in luxury international brands
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World's Best Multinational Workplaces.
Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt at www.hyatt.com
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply now.