We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Restaurant Manager to join our new property in Sofia.
Hyatt Regency Sofia will mark the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Bulgaria and will add to Hyatt's growing footprint in Europe.
The hotel will be ideally located in the heart of the Bulgarian capital on Vasil Levski Square. Guests will be a short walking distance from the National Assembly, which houses the country's parliament, as well as many of Bulgaria's cultural institutions and tourist attractions, including the Monument to Vasil Levski, Cathedral Saint Alexandar Nevski, National Academy of Arts, SS. Cyril and Methodius National Library, and Sofia University.
Expected to open in Q1, 2020, Hyatt Regency Sofia will deliver on the contemporary expectations of guests and meeting planners. The 183-room hotel will feature a restaurant, a lobby lounge and market as well as a penthouse event space with unrivalled views of the city. The hotel will serve as the perfect venue offering 1,200 square meters of flexible meeting and event facilities. Fitness centre and spa will support well-being of the guests. At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best'. This is demonstrated in our values of Respect, Integrity, Humility, Empathy, Creativity and Fun.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Restaurant & Lounge Manager, the Assistant Restaurant Manager will be responsible to assist for the day to day running of the Restaurant & Lounge. He/she will manage the assigned outlets as a successful independent profit centre, in line with the outlet's operating concept and Hyatt International standards, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction while operating within budget, helping to ensure the financial success of the outlet.
· Meet and seat guests and ensure the Restaurant and Lobby team provide excellent service to our guests and continuously strive to exceed expectations
· Ensure that service and standards according to SOP's are adhered to
· Ensure cash handling procedures are followed and all stock items managed
· Ensure that the Restaurant and Lobby team are continuously trained on product knowledge, all menus and Hotel initiatives
· Coach associates in upselling & customer service to achieve cafe revenue goals
· Be aware of and participate in the promotion of hotel initiatives, special packages, Marketing & PR Strategy and promotions
· Seek appropriate opportunities to communicate with guests to personalise the Restaurant service
· Ensure preparation, knowledge and compliance among all employees
· Oversee the employee training and carry out on the job training where required
· Utilise supervisory skills, effective communication, and motivation to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction
· Ensure that the highest possible standard of personal hygiene, dress, appearance and conduct is always maintained
· Ensure effective rostering practices to maximise efficiency in the Restaurant
· Follow, implement and continuously update the SOP's for the Department
Ideal candidate profile
· Must have experience at supervisory / assistant manager level in destination or neighbourhood restaurant
· Candidate should possess strong food and beverage knowledge. Beverage knowledge should include wine, spirits and beer
· Flexibility, ability to work weekends and holidays and a varied schedule
· A true desire to understand and anticipate the needs of others in a fast-paced environment
· Refined verbal and written communication skills
· Must be proficient in general computer knowledge, including a working knowledge of point of sale systems
· Candidate should be extremely detail oriented and organized
· Candidate should possess proven leadership skills
· Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, attentive charismatic with natural charm and effective in providing exceptional customer service
· Pre-opening experience is a strong advantage
· Fluent local language
· Intermediate spoken & written English is essential for this role
If you are a dynamic, sociable and ambitious person that is looking to join a fun and vibrant team, then we would like to meet you.