Main Duties and responsibilities:
· Ensures all files and reports are properly filed for future reference.
· Maintains an up-to-date alphabetical “Open Accounts” for Accounts Payable.
· Processes travel agent commission payment through World Travel Payment (WTP) program.
· Processes manual checks for Non-IATA travel agent commission payment.
· Processes Hyatt Gold Passport data and sends files, Award Certificates and Retroactive manual vouchers to Hyatt Gold Passport Office on a periodic basis.
· Reconciles reimbursements received for Award Compensation checking against our records.
· Follows-up on issues and queries relating to Travel Agents’ commissions and Gold Passport program.
· Organises and carries out physical inventory taking at the Lobby Shop during month end.
· Prepares manually the Lobby Shop Inventory Movement and Discrepancies Report to compare the book inventory against physical inventory and investigate any material differences
· Provides the appropriate level of professional, courteous and caring service to other employees (internal customers) and other visitors to the division.
· Ensures all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
· Handles guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems if no immediate solution can be found, whilst feeding back a prompt follow up.
· Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships
· Understands thoroughly Hyatt International objectives in managing Account Payable function so as to provide an effective system to track Accounts Payable for effective cash flow management
· Provides a summary of the aging report required by the Accounting and Control division to prepare monthly reports and ensure loyalty of key supplies of the hotel, resulting in lower cost per unit.
· Obtains, date-stamps, and files copies of all documents that support authorized purchases (PR’s, PO’s, Delivery Notes, signed Receiving Tickets, etc) for future matching to invoices.
· Processes daily invoices; i.e. to match them to their supporting authorisations and receiving records.
· Prepares account allocation.
· Batches invoices, posts them and distributes them to Department Heads for their approval.
· Compares details of quantities, unit costs, etc on regular purchase orders to those on authorized purchase requests.
· Spot checks periodically internal purchase orders for food and beverage items against their appropriate market lists Audit price and quantity variances as per daily Receiving Variance Report.
· Checks accuracy of account allocations.
· Determines all payments due and to submit the disbursement schedule to the Director of Finance/Asst Director of Finance for approval prior to the actual preparation of checks.
· Prepares payments and submits them, with their supports attached, for final approval and signature.
· Raises and records manual checks for urgent payments.
· Prepares monthly accruals for goods and services received, but not invoiced.
· Cooperates and assists in reconciling the month-end inventory book balances to actual physical counts.
· Directs employees to ensure productivity meets standards given in accordance with Hyatt Design Standards and Criteria and the Hyatt International Finance Operations Manual.
· Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.
· Ensures new technology and equipment are embraced, improving productivity whilst taking work out of the system
· Develops General Account Clerks to work following the operational, financial, administrative philosophies.
· Through hands-on management, supervises closely all General Account Clerks in the performance of their duties in accordance with policies and procedures and applicable laws.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2-3 years experience with accounts payable or general accounting.
· Hotel industry experience
· Proficient Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Knowledge of basic accounting principles