The Credit Advisory (Surveyor) role is based within Global Trade & Receivables Finance (GTRF) / Transaction Risk Management (TRM).
GTRF is a key strategic business for the HSBC Group and is recognised as a leading trade provider both globally and regionally.
The role of the Credit Advisory (Surveyor) is to perform Field Surveys on New and Existing Sellers who utilise Receivables / Inventory / Trade facilities. The primary function is to evaluate and validate the collateral and understand working capital cycles where GTRF provides facilities.
HSBC Group has defined International Trade as the highest priority to explore business opportunities for the next few years, engaging at all levels of the organisation, to position HSBC as the primary provider of Trade Finance solutions worldwide.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Conducting Field Surveys on Receivables Finance and Trade customers.
· Independently, and objectively, identify / quantify and manage product related risks through appropriate audit testing. Produce quality Survey reports on findings.
· Work in close liaison with GTRF Client Management; Sales teams and Transaction Risk Management.
· Ascertain the value of the collateral purchased / or to be purchased (Receivables / Inventory), under the Sellers agreement with GTRF. Take, or recommend, action to ensure the security of the funding provided (existing business), or to be provided (new business).
· Working with others, to maintain and build upon high customer service standards by putting the customer at the heart of everything we do.
· Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
· Ensure positive client experiences through support, trade advice and best practices in relation to GTRF transactions.
· Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making.
· Create value by sharing technical knowledge with all staff and acting as a role model for improving standards and efficiency.
· Build good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role.
· Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment.
· Apply policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
Ideal candidate profile
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· A high degree of analysis and judgement, in making sound decisions after seeking and evaluating relevant information, facts and evidence. Willingness to commit to a firm course of action and be held accountable for outcomes.
· Good financial analysis skills, including (desirable but not essential) practical auditing or accountancy experience in a similar environment.
· A high standard of IT skills to extract & analyse data from complex systems, with past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. Microsoft Products including Excel / Word / PowerPoint etc.
· A high standard of both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to elicit information from all levels of client staff.
· Knowledge of RF products and delivery channels, and a good working knowledge of HSBC Group products including Trade Services (desirable but not essential).
· Experience of making prompt and practical business decision, even in times of ambiguity, considering various perspectives and taking responsibility for outcomes.
A full, valid driver's license will be required for this role as it involves extensive travelling within the region and occasional support to other regional offices.
The base location of this role will be Birmingham with extensive travel across the UK. Company car will be provided with this role
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC Commercial Banking UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a health work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Telephone: +44 2078328500