Associate Project Manager (Big Data Engineering)
A Data lake is a central data repository that can store multi-structured (i.e., structured, semi-structured and unstructured) data in native format. It then uses a variety of processing tools to discover and to govern the data, which include improving its overall quality, making it consumable; finally, it allows tools and exposes APIs for consumers to explore and extract business value through several types of consumer workloads.
The HSBC Payments Data Lake (PDL) aims to be the single, trusted, on-demand source for the group's messaging, screening, investigations and processing data. This data is further enriched by linking with Customer identifiers, Lines of businesses and reference datasets. The data is presented in a structured manner leveraging Group's investment in big data technology (Hadoop platform).
Key characteristics of this role will be the ability to work closely with a demanding set of stakeholders, and leverage the component parts of the broader CDO team. Requirements and demands need to be ‘gated' and prioritized, and expectations set and managed, so that we are able to execute confidently and securely rather than being constantly ‘blown off course'. For this reason, the successful incumbent will be highly skilled at facing off to multiple business stakeholders, be able to ‘win them over' despite not always giving them what they want as soon as they'd want it, and exude confidence such that there is limited confusion or misunderstanding about progress.
· Payment Data Programme is seeking a technical big data project manager to support delivery of CDO book of work and internal data projects at Global and Regional levels.
· The successful candidate will be expected to work within a global team, and show initiative in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty and changing circumstances, project interdependencies, opportunities and risks and a complex and diverse data architecture and infrastructure / systems landscape.
· The successful candidate will have the ability to multi-task priorities, be self-motivated and have a can-do attitude they will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
· Support the Delivery Head of Payment Data based in the UK to deliver technology data roadmap to meet business and CDO functions requirements
· Liaise with key stakeholders to identify and understand new data project requirements and collaborate with the appropriate CDO/IT/Ops functions and drive best practice consistent the data principles listed in the terms of reference
· Manage effective relationships with the stake holders globally (directly, and via local team leaders)
· Work closely with the CDO Data Science team to effectively ensure oversight integrity and transparency
· A history of leading engineering teams to deliver modern consumer facing data strategy using agile techniques
· Be an inspiring and lead by example with a collaborative attitude within a demanding, maturing Agile environment
· Demonstrate a deep, hands on knowledge of TDD and BDD techniques
· Experienced in Continuous Delivery practices and how they affect product quality and delivery
· Experienced with a range of agile practices and understand how and why they work
· Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
· Promote self-service data and analytic solutions that empower the customer to explore and manage data insights
· Implement solutions that eliminate or minimize technical debt through a well-designed architecture, data model, and lifecycle
· Prioritize projects according to the value delivered to the business
· Deliver projects on-time, to specification, and within budget
· Proactively solve problems deliver solutions to deliver and protect business value
· Engage in Enterprise Architecture processes to align and support required capabilities
· Drive Data Insights by Advancing Big Data Methods and Technology
· Direct a team of project managers, architects, engineers, analysts, and others in delivering big data capabilities
· Ensure the team remains current on required skills
· Invest time in coaching and mentoring team members
· Help team members learn and grow
· Provide timely and honest feedback and assessments
· Deliver clear messages that provide recognition and foster improvement
· Know people in your team as individuals
· Encourage the team to innovate and to be creative
· Provide Organizational Leadership
· Be a strong role model of HSBC values: People, Innovation, Tenacity, Collaboration, and Customer Focus
· Maintain expert-level domain knowledge of big data systems and methods
· 12+ year minimum experience in project management in banking domain (payments will be preferred)
· 3+ year minimum experience in delivering and managing projects/programme management using big data technologies (Hadoop) and Cloud (Google Cloud Platform, AWS etc)
· Significant experience of managing teams to deliver large scale IT projects
· Experience in big data, data warehousing, data analytics and MI
· Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Banking, Finance
· Experience working in Payments domain desirable but not essential
· Experience of using relevant software packages, e.g. Hadoop, Terradata, Tableau, Qlikview, Ab Initio, Datameer
· Experience in managing multi-million dollar budgets
· At least 5+ years leading a function responsible for developing, delivering, and/or supporting data, analytics, or business intelligence solutions
· Strong communication skills, with a track record of significant direct interaction and peer leadership with partners across the company
Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional groups, with diverse interests and requirements, to a common objective